Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee powder saftey scales

Lee powder saftey scales

At last i have made a start with my loading kit, are these scales normally a pain in the arse to set up ? I took them out of the box, set everything to zero but i cant get them set to zero. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    At last i have made a start with my loading kit, are these scales normally a pain in the arse to set up ? I took them out of the box, set everything to zero but i cant get them set to zero. If that makes sense.
    best place for them is in the bin,then go and get a set of RCBS

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    So - what seems to be the problem? I'm not a fan of the Lee scales, although they are accurate enough if they are set up properly, they are fiddly to adjust and can be easy to miss read. - Have a look on youtube for Lee scales, there's several videos showing how to set them up.

I really would look around for an RCBS 502 or 505 or maybe a Redding No2 scale - If they're not abused they will last a lifetime. A lot of the Lee products work well but the scale isn't one of the highlights of the range.

You have to keep adjusting the knurled ring little by little until they balance, They are fiddly though.

I keep adjusting the brass ring but it seems over sensitive, its nearly there and move it hardly at all and the bloody thing shoots the other way. I have read the scales are not the best by some and others rave about them, these came with the kit so thought i would try them.
    Cheers

one other thing, make sure the beam is properly seated on the stand, it can get into the wrong position and still appear to work. wiggle the beam back and forwards to make sure its on properly.

Hard too set up a 10 year old could set up made 20 thousand rounds with same scale perfect

Never had an issue with mine, seem spot on from what i can tell, are they siting on the pivot correctly?

I agree difficult to weigh something with but when set up to weigh a specific ammount then faultless.

Numbering can be poor bit of tippex soon resolves this.

D

I've been reloading for many years and started off with the Lee scales. I always found them to be a pain. I now use the little pocket digital scales that certain 'herb' retailers tend to use. You can pick these up from fleabay for under a tenner. I have checked them against RCBS Rangemaster scales and they are spot on.

andy you are rushing things mate sit yourself down with a nice crisp sarny or pie butty then all will become clear be patient mate c u in 2 weeks