Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It pays to be polite

It pays to be polite

After an evening stalk last night & a bite to eat my mate & I set off to do a bit of foxing on a farm local to our syndicate. As we drove along the road lamping the fields as you do, the mist seemed to be closing in so we opened a gate and drove in to one of the fields, sat up and put on the caller, after a short while there was a sound of a quad ticking over somewhere close but on the other side of the road. We decided to leave the field where I spotted a guy on the quad watching us. I decided to go and introduce myself. Thinking farmer has seen us and is concerned about who we are etc. as he came down to the gate I started to explain who I was, what I was doing and with the permission of his neighbouring farmer. At this point the police turned up & he indicated to them that all was ok, they didn't even check us out. Farmer then invites us to shoot his foxes and points out a number of flight ponds etc. I left him a contact card and said I would visit him tomorrow afternoon, which I did. Another 200+ acres of permission and a really nice guy.
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

Winner. I assume a bottle of something will end up on the farmer's doorstep in the near future.

Manners cost nothing aye.

New permissions got that way on a neighbouring farm that increases the block size are the most satisfying to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue trader View Post
    Winner. I assume a bottle of something will end up on the farmer's doorstep in the near future.
    Of course, I usually do my rounds just before Christmas, a bottle of something & a box of chocolates for the Mrs. Just a small token for all the free shooting permission.
    Wingy

Similar thing happened to me in Sussex... Except in this case the landowner passed on my details to a neighbor. Trouble is, it's a 5 hour drive to get there so I had to decline the offer of free shooting permission
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    After an evening stalk last night & a bite to eat my mate & I set off to do a bit of foxing on a farm local to our syndicate. As we drove along the road lamping the fields as you do, the mist seemed to be closing in so we opened a gate and drove in to one of the fields, sat up and put on the caller, after a short while there was a sound of a quad ticking over somewhere close but on the other side of the road. We decided to leave the field where I spotted a guy on the quad watching us. I decided to go and introduce myself. Thinking farmer has seen us and is concerned about who we are etc. as he came down to the gate I started to explain who I was, what I was doing and with the permission of his neighbouring farmer. At this point the police turned up & he indicated to them that all was ok, they didn't even check us out. Farmer then invites us to shoot his foxes and points out a number of flight ponds etc. I left him a contact card and said I would visit him tomorrow afternoon, which I did. Another 200+ acres of permission and a really nice guy.
    Wingy
    Some people where born lucky Martin did you have H with you Djc

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Some people where born lucky Martin did you have H with you Djc
    Yes H was there, if I'd taken his advice the police would have been turning us over, he just wanted to drive off.

Well wingy you must have had your lucky knickers on ! Well done bazil

Now your leaving us all in suspense...... Did you get out?

​well done guys.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!