Parker Hale ID

Lampwick

Hi folks, I've had a look at a Parker Hale .308 today.

I have a couple of questions I'm sure one of you could help on!

Im not sure on the model but think its a 1200! it has a Monti Carlo stock, with the angular rosewood forend (California I believe?) a stainless bolt (Mauser) it has a removable magazine. Still has its fixed sights.

its in good condition and hasn't been shot too much!

Any ideas re the model ( don't have a picture sorry) also thoughts on it welcome please.

Cheers

ps I've read numerous threads re Marmite guns etc and understand you may love or lothe them. Its reasonably priced and won't be used for range work. It is for sensible ranged deer maximum I need to shoot 200 yards!

I would also be interested in thoughts re what to put through it that wont do too much meat damage. Shooting mainly Roe and Fallow!

Pps there's some real experts on here please take it easy with a newish centrefire boy!

Sounds like a 1200 super clip . Parker Hales are very good rifles , properly cared for will outlast many other make .They all have hammer forged barrels which are bothe accurate and long lived .Don't left any armchair gunsmith tell you any different , I have two - both stonkingly accurate with good ammunition , they will most likely outlive me.
:old: Mind you - look after the mag , dont lose it . Almost irreplaceable !

Thanks so far chaps.

It certainly looks like a 1200 super clip, I presume they came in both style of forend?

Is the foresight removable? I ask this as the rifle has been cut for a moderator but still has the foresight fitted!

The rifle sounds like the 1200C (super Clip) as others have mentioned. This is the later version with the rounded fore tip to the stock:-

The foresight is ramped and the ramp is screwed onto the barrel by two screws.

This is the older "California" style of stock:-

14068774.jpg

14067533.jpg

Straight out of the box and still with hang tag attached. This is the 1200S (Super) and the ramped fore sight can be seen in the photo.

The bolts are not stainless just well polished. They also came with some blacked and some bolt handles blacked depending on their intended market that they were headed for. The bolt on this 1100M (African Magnum) for instance is blacked:-

Yet the bolt on this 1200V (Varmint) is polished:-

​I repeat they are not stainless and unless cared for will show rust.

Brithunter

Thanks for posting the photos I now have identified the PH 300WM I bought the other day in imaculate condition as 1200 super clip the same as the first photo you posted

Thanks Again

Brithunter

Thanks for posting the photos I now have identified the PH 300WM I bought the other day in imaculate condition as 1200 super clip the same as the first photo you posted

Thanks Again

In their leaflet yours is named as the 1200CM (Super Clip magnum) and is says the magazine holds three rounds.

​Your welcome by the way.

Thanks for this, it sure looks like a 1200c with the old style stock.

Not sure if you got the PM?

I wondered what would be a fair price for one with very low shot count but a few stock marks?

Back