Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: How about a WIP of a few knives..?

  1. #1

    How about a WIP of a few knives..?

    Evenin' all

    As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

    My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

    I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

    I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

    ​Cheers all, Stu.

  2. #2
    Stu

    Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

    Regards

    John

  3. #3
    Have a ball stu i like's knife blades working one's not rambo !

  4. #4
    Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think If I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    +1.
    Brilliant work mate, they are stunning bits of kit. Have a good friend that makes 'fine cutlery' (damascus) and the work that goes into it is unimaginable!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Stu

    Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

    Regards

    John
    Cheers John, there'll be no glass I am afraid but my plan would be to welcome all right into my workshop, into the old works that I work from, I think many would find it very interesting...

    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Have a ball stu i like's knife blades working one's not rambo !
    I'm with you...

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    Will do Jim, I have a very clear goal in mind for this project, which includes a sub 'particular figure' price, my reasoning and it will be up front...

  7. #7
    Will they be Sheffield steel then
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  8. #8
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Mitchell View Post
    Evenin' all

    As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

    My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

    I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

    I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

    ​Cheers all, Stu.

    nah.... I'm not interested in knives!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Will they be Sheffield steel then
    ​Yes, 100%...

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Knives
    By N.F.W.M in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 12:31
  2. Knives
    By Steve O in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 29-05-2013, 07:48
  3. Knives
    By bk in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 14:50
  4. knives
    By macfarlane in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-11-2012, 18:23
  5. Wip vs pigeon
    By aj_ginger in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-07-2011, 09:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •