Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a WIP of a few knives..?

How about a WIP of a few knives..?

Evenin' all

As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

​Cheers all, Stu.

Stu

Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

Regards

John

Have a ball stu i like's knife blades working one's not rambo !

Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think If I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    +1.
    Brilliant work mate, they are stunning bits of kit. Have a good friend that makes 'fine cutlery' (damascus) and the work that goes into it is unimaginable!

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Stu

Go for it. I'm always keen to watch a craftsman at work and there's something extra special about watching red hot metal and glass being worked into something useful.

Regards

John
    Cheers John, there'll be no glass I am afraid but my plan would be to welcome all right into my workshop, into the old works that I work from, I think many would find it very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Have a ball stu i like's knife blades working one's not rambo !
    I'm with you...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Sounds good to me the only thing I would say is to put the price of the knives on upfront as there's nothing I find more annoying than pm me for price or POA , Upon seeing this I immediately lose interest as I think I obviously cannot afford it
    ATB Jim
    Will do Jim, I have a very clear goal in mind for this project, which includes a sub 'particular figure' price, my reasoning and it will be up front...

Will they be Sheffield steel then
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Mitchell View Post
    Evenin' all

As a new member, and a maker of knives, I was wondering if a WIP thread of knives might be of interest and within forum rules?

My plan is to offer a few for sale but as I am pretty unknown I thought it might be a good way of getting to know me, of me showing my workshop, my practices and what goes into the knives...

I don't really just want to turn up and offer stuff for sale, I'd rather contribute first, if of interest and acceptable this could be a good way of doing so..?

I prep'd half a dozen blanks today, of the two patterns I will eventually offer here, if I am good to go then I can get cracking with said thread tonight...

​Cheers all, Stu.

nah.... I'm not interested in knives!

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Will they be Sheffield steel then
    ​Yes, 100%...