Belgian Malinios

Compared to the GSD at work the Malinois are much more versatile and from experience have a more on/off attitude ie playful and chilled out but then 100% focused when need to be unlike the GSDs that are harder to calm down after being worked. One of the reasons for police and military using them over GSDs is that its harder to find genuine quality working GSDs in the uk as more and more are for showing whereas the Malinois are easier to find proper working strains.

Had experience working along side a couple of these in a firearms support role compared with the GSD they seem more focused, switched on and eager to work. I would say they're like a slimmed down GSD on steroids with attitude
Wingy

Malis seem to have a longer working life than GSD, have less in breed illnesses like GSD, are real loving people dogs and thrive on fuss. A lot quicker and fast and more agile than your traditional GSD but the Chek line GSD is a good second to a Mali. They switch to work and man work very quickly but have found they mature slower. Sizes vary a lot with them been on average smaller than a GSD. They bite well and as long as you can get them focused will do everything a GSD will. If you haven't worked one go to someone who has or is working one. I really like them and would have liked one but didn't get that choice this time round. Have a look at Dutch herders they are like Malis on steroids Israel special forces like them and so do the yanks. I've worked against a fair few Malis and they hit hard and put you under a lot of pressure. Saying that they are real fuss pots.

What at you thinking of doing with it?

Had a wee bit of experience working one. They can be very high drive and not ideal for a house pet.
Here is a video of the French Police training with them. As you can see one has a chomp on the handler and very interesting to see them working in pairs.

Had a wee bit of experience working one. They can be very high drive and not ideal for a house pet.
Here is a video of the French Police training with them. As you can see one has a chomp on the handler and very interesting to see them working in pairs.

Jesus that things like an Exocet missile!!

I have seen a few of these latching onto people at work, and, the resulting bite marks and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of them. Lovely dogs when they are not in the "zone" though.

If you want a great family dog that is very good guard but not aggressive consider a Boerboel, much healthier breed than a GSD.

Its all in a days work, when the dogs have been attacked it shows their worth if they are able to tackle the same the similar problem afterwards. Lots of footage of training but different in action. They can be the bravest dog in the world but if it gets hurt in doing its job many remember the next time it is put in a similar role, GSD do not hesitate they get stuck in again

Back