Thread: Plastic fox for crow shooting

Plastic fox for crow shooting. Any good.

Just been up to a local garden centre to get some plastic coated canes to prop up my crow hide, and on display they have the most realistic resin fox I have ever seen. Proper size and good colouring. Only down side is the price 85. I can pick up a stuffed one for a bit more money, but unsure as to how well it would like bouncing around in the back of my van, and getting rained on a lot of the time.Tried owl, that works well, but nothing like when I peg out a fox, shot from the night before. The old fox sends them into a frenzy.
    Bushware do a plastic one, but it doesn't,t look as good as this resin one, though it may be a crap picture. Thoughts and experience greatly appreciated.
    Neil
    Last edited by neil the plumber; 25-09-2013 at 04:46.

i only use dead ones with a crow on a pigeon magnet or an owl with a dead crow tied to its feet on top of a fence post

Having great results from a dead Charlie, shot the night before, but not much joy from the owl. They will fly over and have a look, but the fox sends them bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    Having great results from a dead Charlie, shot the night before, but not much joy from the owl. They will fly over and have a look, but the fox sends them bonkers.
    real fox always worked much better IMO

A stuffed ferret also works very well!
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I haven't seen one, let alone tried one, but one of these from Bushwear might be a better (and certainly cheaper) punt if you can't get your hands on a fresh one:

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    Sir Charles Frederick Fox works everytime Crows will come in with you standing exposed in the field as long as you keep still. Then give them 32grams of lead

Jimbo