Thread: Coating and bedding job by Jager SA

Coating and bedding job by Jager SA

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my Sako 85 .30-'06 from James. I had asked him to pillar bed it into a new McMillan stock and also Ceracote all the metalwork including moderator and muzzle brake. I took James advice and went for a gunmetal grey colour and I am very pleased with the results.

Great work, good timescale, good price. Very happy.

Any photos Glyn?
    And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost .. PM if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    Any photos Glyn? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost .. PM if you prefer.
    Photos and price would be good, please.
    I have a painted rifle stock I would like stripped prior to offering for sale.
    Depending on his price of a strip and coat I might consider using him.
    Last edited by EMcC; 24-09-2013 at 22:00.

Glad I read this thread as im sending 223 barrel to Jager Sa tomorrow to be coated and I never thought about the moderator. And now that you mentioned gun metal its got me thinking as I was keeping it simple doing it in black.I'll phone him and ask his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Glad I read this thread as im sending 223 barrel to Jager Sa tomorrow to be coated and I never thought about the moderator. And now that you mentioned gun metal its got me thinking as I was keeping it simple doing it in black.I'll phone him and ask his advice.
    If you send me your mobile number I'll try to text you a photo tomorrow. I can't put photos on here at the moment. I will also text it to James and he may be able to add it on here.

Contact James directly for prices but I thought it was reasonable particularly given the prompt turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    If you send me your mobile number I'll try to text you a photo tomorrow. I can't put photos on here at the moment. I will also text it to James and he may be able to add it on here.Contact James directly for prices but I thought it was reasonable particularly given the prompt turnaround.
    I've tried 'phoning him but he doesn't pick up !

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I've tried 'phoning him but he doesn't pick up !
    Apologies if I don't pick up, please leave a message and I ill return your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    If you send me your mobile number I'll try to text you a photo tomorrow. I can't put photos on here at the moment. I will also text it to James and he may be able to add it on here.

Contact James directly for prices but I thought it was reasonable particularly given the prompt turnaround.
    pm sent Glyn 1

Cheers for that, a like it , smart, same mod av got on my 270 , going to Ireland next week and my mate over there shoots a 30 06,its like shooting a shoulder cannon but it knocks the big Reds over, do you use the muzzle break more than the mod or is it just to give you the choice.Thanks again bugsy