Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Aldi electric chainsaw

  1. #1

    Aldi electric chainsaw

    Just bought one of these - seems very good value: 2200w motor, 40cm (c16") Oregon bar & chain, made in Germany - 3 year warranty. £54.99.
    Spare chain (Oregon) £9.99
    complete with 1st fill of chain oil !
    copes well with timber up to length of bar. Well worth the money for use anywhere there's a power supply.

  2. #2
    Sounds a good piece of kit for the money
    you don't usually don't go wrong with anything German
    ​regards pete

  3. #3
    put an 2k inverter in your motor and your away any place you can drive too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    Sounds a good piece of kit for the money
    you don't usually don't go wrong with anything German
    ​regards pete

  4. #4
    I've never liked electric chainsaws , but it sounds like a really good deal .

  5. #5
    I can see Aldi giving a few refunds on these... Plastic gears wear out in no time.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  6. #6
    Saw them and wondered how good they might be. I should think it's a good bet for a garden saw. Maybe as good as a petrol one from the usual Spear and Jackson types that cost a few quid more and not as much hassle. Plug and play! But it'll be no Husqvarna or stihl. Having said that, I use an electric hedge trimmer powered with an inverter attached to the quad bike in inaccessible places with good results.

  7. #7
    In my opinion, electric chainsaws are bad !!!

    Most at people who buy one do so thinking 'it'll be handy' or 'safer than a petrol one. Wrong, hit a leg with any chainsaw and you are in deep s**t. Hit a leg with a petrol saw wearing chainsaw trousers, it's going to minimise tha damage by clogging up the clutch and stopping the chain, hit that same 'protected' leg with an electric one, no clutch to clog, so they keep on ripping away. Ask anybody who works with saws what they think of electric saws, and they'll all say the same. I'd rather chop up small logs with my 20" stihl 038 than a 'leccy saw' any day. As for actually felling anything......

    Personally, I think its daft of aldi to sell them without ppe as standard (at the least) as lots of people will buy one then turn into an 'instant expert' and try felling, or worse, cutting up windfall, without the understanding of the stresses in the trees, then becoming a cropper when it springs the saw back into their face.

    If you already have experience then they can be useful in the fact they 'don't need maintaining' as much as a petrol saw, and can be brought into use quickly, but does it really take much time to fill/drain a fuel tank ? Takes much longer to kit up in ppe.

    Im also not saying 'don't buy one' but please, be aware that it's probably the most dangerous tool you'll ever use, take care, kit up, and be very aware of the fact that the saw will try and kill you at the first available chance.

    Regards
    ​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

    Home | Varminting UK

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    In my opinion, electric chainsaws are bad !!!

    Most at people who buy one do so thinking 'it'll be handy' or 'safer than a petrol one. Wrong, hit a leg with any chainsaw and you are in deep s**t. Hit a leg with a petrol saw wearing chainsaw trousers, it's going to minimise tha damage by clogging up the clutch and stopping the chain, hit that same 'protected' leg with an electric one, no clutch to clog, so they keep on ripping away. Ask anybody who works with saws what they think of electric saws, and they'll all say the same. I'd rather chop up small logs with my 20" stihl 038 than a 'leccy saw' any day. As for actually felling anything......

    Personally, I think its daft of aldi to sell them without ppe as standard (at the least) as lots of people will buy one then turn into an 'instant expert' and try felling, or worse, cutting up windfall, without the understanding of the stresses in the trees, then becoming a cropper when it springs the saw back into their face.

    If you already have experience then they can be useful in the fact they 'don't need maintaining' as much as a petrol saw, and can be brought into use quickly, but does it really take much time to fill/drain a fuel tank ? Takes much longer to kit up in ppe.

    Im also not saying 'don't buy one' but please, be aware that it's probably the most dangerous tool you'll ever use, take care, kit up, and be very aware of the fact that the saw will try and kill you at the first available chance.

    Regards
    ​Pete
    Mine was bought with the intention of reducing the less pleasant accompaniments of petrol chainsawing
    - a) vibration b) noise c) exhaust fumes d) occasionally temperamental starting !

    a & b reduced significantly; c & d eliminated !

  9. #9
    I beg to differ the most dangerous tool you'll ever own. All tools are as dangerous as each other if they are used incorrectly and without experience or correct training.

    A drill is equally as dangerous, if some idiot is wearing a hooded top with tassels and gets pulled in to the chuck. Just as dangerous.

    Imo though.

    Nathan

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pezz69 View Post
    I beg to differ the most dangerous tool you'll ever own. All tools are as dangerous as each other if they are used incorrectly and without experience or correct training.

    A drill is equally as dangerous, if some idiot is wearing a hooded top with tassels and gets pulled in to the chuck. Just as dangerous.

    Imo though.

    Nathan
    Agreed, if used incorrectly, but a correctly used chainsaw can still kick back with a load of sharp teeth moving at 80m/s, and normally directly towards the operator.
    Any tool used incorrectly has the potential to cause injury, a chainsaw used correctly can still rip open your jugular in milliseconds.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

    Home | Varminting UK

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Chainsaw
    By tartinjock in forum Other Items
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 18:53
  2. *SOLD* Chainsaw trousers
    By lordy in forum Other Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 12:30
  3. Which chainsaw
    By Magyar Vadász in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 19:02
  4. For Sale Husquvarna chainsaw
    By weeman in forum Other Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 17:42
  5. Aldi - Electric Hoists
    By mel in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 21:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •