Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 270 Die set

Near Melton Mowbray (Home of the Pork Pie!)

270 Die set

Good Morning,

any reccomendations for a die set for .270?

Regards

Tom

A month ago I bought a set of full length Lee dies for my 270,and have been using a set of full lenght in my 308 for some seven years now, both of them are used with a straight De-capping rod and then a Lyman M Die to follow.
    For me this gives the accuracy and reliability I need for both my hunting and target shooting.
    Some people think because the Lee is not as expensive as others that it may be inferior, I have found that this is not the case.

I do however use a Redding S Full length bushing die for my 243 which does not work the brass so hard and was bought before the Lee dies.
    I would suggest not using a neck sizing die as the last thing you want is to have a round that will not chamber or worse still get stuck when you are in the middle of nowhere.
    For me it would have to be Lee.

Lapua 243

A sensible person always feeds his cartridges in and
    out of his rifle prior to going out stalking.
    Whenever I make up a new batch I always try them prior to boxing and putting into stock.
    I have had mainly RCBS gear in my long life-span.

HWH.
    Last edited by stag1933; 25-09-2013 at 12:11. Reason: Picture added.

I would agree and also hope this sensible person would carry out this operation in a safe place or with the firing pin removed from the bolt.

Lapua 243
    Last edited by Lapua243; 25-09-2013 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapua243 View Post
    I would agree and also hope this sensible person would carry out this operation in a safe place or with the firing pin removed from the bolt.

Lapua 243
    Only an insensible pillock would remove his firing pin.
    A sensible person would know what is and what is not a safe place otherwise he or she is not a fit and proper person to be in charge of a lethal weapon.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Only an insensible pillock would remove his firing pin.
    A sensible person would know what is and what is not a safe place otherwise he or she is not a fit and proper person to be in charge of a lethal weapon.

HWH.
    We both agree that if this is being carried out it should be done safely and that is what matters.

I also check that my cases will fit in the chamber after they have been de-primed and sized.
    When working up the loads and testing I cycle them through the rifle at my range with the firing pin removed.
    I do this as a precaution should the bolt jam. Unlikely but never the less possible.

Lapua 243

Hi Tommy, I have always used RCBS loading equipment and dies, cant fault it................. and you know the rounds work because you have seen them in action

And will see them again in a couple of weeks time
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Cool looking loading bench Stag, I only wish mine was even half that tidy.

Yes malc you will see MEand my reloads in a couple of weeks i also use rcbs.[check name mate] ha