Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost or stolen fac

Lost or stolen fac

Have anyone on here been unfortunate enough to have Lost or Had their FAC stolen? at any time?

no, but I'm guessing you have, and you're worried telling your FLO in case he deems you negligent! LOL..

say it accidentally went in the washing machine, and pray it doesn't turn up in the hands of criminals!...or, even better, call the FLO and be honest ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    no, but I'm guessing you have, and you're worried telling your FLO in case he deems you negligent! LOL..

say it accidentally went in the washing machine, and pray it doesn't turn up in the hands of criminals!...or, even better, call the FLO and be honest ;-)
    not exactly PKL So i'm not worried Just curious,,,

Quote Originally Posted by viking850 View Post
    not exactly PKL So i'm not worried Just curious,,,
    what i was most interested in is the amount of information on your FAC should it come into the wrong hands
    ie your address presumably this is where they are stored
    Your DOB,, etc etc should this information be on the front of Our FAC'S?
    would it not be sufficient with your FAC no and Photo id the rest can be stored with the Fire arms department maybe?

what do you think

I lost a wallet containing firearms cert and shotgun cert notified Northumbria police who sent a new one out never heard anything else then whilst moving house found the lost one and destroyed it
    ​it's no good to criminals with your photo on

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    I lost a wallet containing firearms cert and shotgun cert notified Northumbria police who sent a new one out never heard anything else then whilst moving house found the lost one and destroyed it
    ​it's no good to criminals with your photo on
    did you have an idea where you might have lost them?

Like I have said found the lost one in the garage behind the freezer must have put it on the freezer then lifted the lid and it went down the back hunted everywhere for it before I informed the feo

Tom i hear what you say but the sad reallity is that they know wher your weapons are stored
    and even if they may not be able to steal them they can cause alot of damage trying ,
    don't you think that the address on your FAC is not needed,?

Viking understand where your coming from but when your buying rifles they enter your name address and number into the book from a security point of few it would be better not on the cert

I do think there's a case for having better certificates. Perhaps something like a driver's licence, just a card with your picture on with essential information, and a paper bit that you can take along to buy stuff.

But say it quietly, it sounds like a good excuse to hike the price even more to me.