Thread: changing the colour of my stock ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

changing the colour of my stock ?

I am thinking of having my stock done and would like to think that a matt black would do it,

I like the wood look but i just cannot afford to have it all done up to keep its wood looking good, so im thinking of a job done by James jager SA,

I have spoken to james about this and i have asked him to try and get as close to the same colour of the scope as he can (matt black not the duralyt.the conquest in the right hand picture), so all i have to do now is sell all my spare bits and get it done,

if you were doing the same rifle with the black mod,blued action and stainless barrel.

just where would you go,

ps: im not into pink or camo patterns,

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Have a look at my pimped rifle thread Bob. If you look at the third photo, you will see the Optilock rings are done in a lovely Matt Grey colour. I saw a barrel and action that James had done in Grey and it looked very nice! Trying to match shades of black exactly is a lot more difficult than it sounds! The photo also shows some Matt black. What about a Grey Mod/Barrel/action and rings, with a matt black stock!?
    MS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Have a look at my pimped rifle thread Bob. If you look at the third photo, you will see the Optilock rings are done in a lovely Matt Grey colour. I saw a barrel and action that James had done in Grey and it looked very nice! Trying to match shades of black exactly is a lot more difficult than it sounds! The photo also shows some Matt black. What about a Grey Mod/Barrel/action and rings, with a matt black stock!?
    MS
    Hi MS

I will be having a good sift out of things like scope rings slings and other bits so get the cash together, it may take a wee while but i'll get there, i was thinking of just the stock as i am not sure just how well this stuff sticks to stainless barrels, i'll have to save a lot more if i have the whole thing done, there again its not my thing to have it all in the same colour ??

me needs ta think.

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 26-09-2013 at 11:46.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi MS

I will be having a good sift out of things like scope rings slings and other bits so get the cash together, it may take a wee while but i'll get there, i was thinking of just the stock as i am not sure just how well this stuff sticks to stainless barrels, i'll have to save a lot more if i have the whole thing done, there again its not my thing to have it all in the same colour ??

me needs ta think.

bob.
    It's as hard as nails mate, see the test results here:
    http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/testing/
    It's also not as expensive as you might think. James can generally do a complete rifle for around 200. Single colour coatings are obviously less labour intensive. I reckon you should consider the 4 - colour Vietnamese Tiger Stripe! Get it 'Pimped'!
    MS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    It's as hard as nails mate, see the test results here:
    http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/testing/
    It's also not as expensive as you might think. James can generally do a complete rifle for around 200. Single colour coatings are obviously less labour intensive. I reckon you should consider the 4 - colour Vietnamese Tiger Stripe! Get it 'Pimped'!
    MS
    cheers ms.

i think pink with green polka dots,

bob.

waiting for james thinking drab green action and barrel flat earth stock

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    cheers ms.

i think pink with green polka dots,

bob.
    Two-tone pink and 'Zombie' green is the best I can find mate in Cerakote!

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/g.../#gallery_name
    (Page 3)
    A good choice for safety reasons as it would be highly visible to other humans, but just another shade of grey to the deer.
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 26-09-2013 at 12:30.