Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr

Steyr

How would you tell the difference between a pro hunter mk 1 and the mk 2? Is there any key feature too tell the difference apart from the stock being less flexible.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    How would you tell the difference between a pro hunter mk 1 and the mk 2? Is there any key feature too tell the difference apart from the stock being less flexible.
    I believe the MK2 has a black stock, whereas the Mk1 has a grey one.

Tom

I have a mk11. The difference is in the bolt, I believe. A Mk1 allows the bolt to be dropped out unintentionally. (this according to an instructor on my DSC1, who was concerned mine might drop out on the simulated stalk).

Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    I have a mk11. The difference is in the bolt, I believe. A Mk1 allows the bolt to be dropped out unintentionally. (this according to an instructor on my DSC1, who was concerned mine might drop out on the simulated stalk).
    What do you mean? Dropped out unintentionally?

Being the owner of one I can't think how the bolt can drop out accidentally!

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Being the owner of one I can't think how the bolt can drop out accidentally!
    I also own one. And cant think what was ment. I was just curious on how too tell the difference of the 2. Too there seemed to be no more than a different stock.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    Having had both a 223 in a mk 1 and a 243 in a mk2 your instructor is talking through a hole in his Rs,never had a bolt fall out as he suggests. apart from a slight change in the colour of the mk2 stock and the fact that they have made it a bit more rigid there is not a lot of difference.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

There are some pearls of wisdom being spoken on this thread (not).

My thoughts too. I am fairly sure all the metalwork is the same and the MK2 just had a stiffened for end stock.

mk 1 and mk2 the only difference is the mk2 has a more rigid stock and that's all