Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The things you see when you ain't got a gun.

The things you see when you ain't got a gun.

Go rabbit shooting with the .22, don't see rabbits but plenty of munjac. Go stalking in the woods with the .243, don't see deer only rabbits and squirrels. Go into the woods without a gun, bloody fluffy forest creatures everywhere!

Too true out with C/F after foxes rabbits abound, take .22lr none to be seen!!

Magpie in the garden no gun, wait for it all prepared doesn't turn up.

Such is life

D

to true that fox I,ve been after for the last week seems to know when its safe to show its self or not

I was out after foxes a couple of weeks ago, Packed up at about 1 in the morning with even as much as a scent of one. Put my gear into the car drove about 50 yards and there was one just sat on the side of the track. Ill get him next time!!

Worst thing are crows, they must recognize shotguns. They fly over you without one and they veer off when you have one!

take 2 guns!!

​often go foxing with the .22lr in the car ...just in case!

I'm even thinking of getting a custom made, triple barrelled .22,.243, 12 bore combination

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie Boy View Post
    I'm even thinking of getting a custom made, triple barrelled .22,.243, 12 bore combination
    I'd just get confused which trigger was which and probably put a .243 at a high pigeon!!

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Worst thing are crows, they must recognize shotguns. They fly over you without one and they veer off when you have one!
    Crows are far too clever. If I drive up to the farm now the sky turns black with crows. The farmer says they are there all the time until he sees my truck driving down the track then they all disappear. He said jokingly he is considering getting a cardboard cut out of a Navara to see if it keeps them away.

A lady I work with liked to hike her winter pasture and usually carries an AR-10, 308 when she walks. She told me yesterday that this weekend she didn't feel like getting it out of the safe and set off without it. Two miles in she sensed she had company and looked over her left shoulder to see two coyote walking along with her about 25 yards off. She said she won't be leaving home without it.~Muir