Thread: My Boy at Work

My Boy at Work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img027.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	727.2 KB 
ID:	32876

Just found out how to post photo's. This is my deer dog he found this buck for me in rosebay willow herb as high as my shoulders. This show's how important a dog is as i could not find the buck. I took him to the shot site and approx 30 seconds later it was deer found job done. I had walked within a couple of feet of the deer but did not see it as i had lost the blood trail in the deep undergrowth and was searching blind.

Jimbo

Jimbo
    great result
    ​regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img027.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	727.2 KB 
ID:	32876

Just found out how to post photo's. This is my deer dog he found this buck for me in rosebay willow herb as high as my shoulders. This show's how important a dog is as i could not find the buck. I took him to the shot site and approx 30 seconds later it was deer found job done. I had walked within a couple of feet of the deer but did not see it as i had lost the blood trail in the deep undergrowth and was searching blind.

Jimbo
    Nice looking dog jim Ian's just got a pup it's from a good work kennels
    DJC

Nice dog jimbo the breed of dog matters little if it does the job.

He has done his job well !
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Lovely looking dog!! Looks like my old Munsterlander
    Last edited by sussex stalker; 28-09-2013 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by collieman View Post
    Nice dog jimbo the breed of dog matters little if it does the job.
    When i was a young boy beating on Peckforton Estate Cheshire a lad named Geof used nothing other than Border Collies and they matched any beating dog. I put a thread on here asking if anyone used Springer's as deer dogs and was told they were not good but having a similar situation as described above without my dog i spent 4 hours searching into the dark and 3 hours next day and never found the Buck i had shot there was lung fragments and pink frothy blood at the strike site but as above i lost the trail in the undergrowth and will never be without a dog again when stalking. As for training him i did it the wrong way about as he was fully trained at picking up any bird vermin, wildfowl or game and finding rabbits when out lamping but he took to finding deer as though he had done it all his life. He also retrieves shot Foxes so what more would you ask of a dog.

Jimbo

Many thanks to all the kind replies.

Jimbo