Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss or Swarovski scope?

Zeiss or Swarovski scope?

Hi,looking at at getting a new scope for my .270 for deer stalking and would like a zeiss or Swarovski. Anyone bought a new scope recently and have any advice / reviews?​thanks

Don't discount Kahles. All good!

Im a Swaro kinda guy, they are lighter in weight than some others and the customer service is excellent!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Was thinking of getting an illuminated reticle, don't know if Khales do one? Does anyone use an illuminated reticle and us it much better than the standard reticle?

Kahles do illuminated reticules. IR are good but not essential, they can take you well past the legal time for shooting deer!

Quote Originally Posted by reddeerstalker View Post
    Hi,looking at at getting a new scope for my .270 for deer stalking and would like a zeiss or Swarovski. Anyone bought a new scope recently and have any advice / reviews?​thanks
    SCHMIDT & BENDER every time far better.

Jimbo

I picked up my Meopta ZD 3-12x50 (IR) in excellent condition, only 20-months old for 425 off the Second Hand scope section of Gunstar. An excellent mid-budget scope (790 retail) with superb optics and the durability one would expect from a scope designed for the defence sector.

Zeiss HT illuminated. Try and buy everybody's eyes are different

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    I picked up my Meopta ZD 3-12x50 (IR) in excellent condition, only 20-months old for 425 off the Second Hand scope section of Gunstar. An excellent mid-budget scope (790 retail) with superb optics and the durability one would expect from a scope designed for the defence sector.
    Not to sure about going down the secondhand road think it might be to much of a gamble.

I hear you and buying second-hand didn't work out with one of my rifles. The scope however had 4-months warranty left and giving access to a quality mid-range scope felt worth the risk, which I'm thankful to say paid off.