Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Grabber vs Cooper Zeon LTZ tyres

General Grabber vs Cooper Zeon LTZ tyres

I need some new tyres for the disco (255/55/19) and am considering more aggressive tyres than the slicks that Land Rover fit these days. Has anyone had experience of these tyres, any good or bad feedback would be appreciated, especially with regard to longevity, road noise ability off road etc

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    I need some new tyres for the disco (255/55/19) and am considering more aggressive tyres than the slicks that Land Rover fit these days. Has anyone had experience of these tyres, any good or bad feedback would be appreciated, especially with regard to longevity, road noise ability off road etc

cheers

General Grabber's are the tyres fitted to Defender's and they pick stones up and throw them out up your wheelarches and chip paint and chassis. BF Goddridge are a better bet in my opinion.

Jimbo
    Last edited by Jimbo 30 06; 29-09-2013 at 14:29.

Bf goodridge mud terrain tyres would be my choice plenty of grip and a reasonable mileage life

I just put General Grabber AT2s on mine last week, can't tell any difference in noise whatsoever from the road tyres that were on there before, bloke in tyre shop had them on his truck and said they give excellent mileage and recommended them over BFGs and they're cheaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    I just put General Grabber AT2s on mine last week, can't tell any difference in noise whatsoever from the road tyres that were on there before, bloke in tyre shop had them on his truck and said they give excellent mileage and recommended them over BFGs and they're cheaper too.

Had mine of for a good while now. Very gd wearing. Cheaper than bfg's. excellant offroad. Not really got bad word too say. Wouldnt use others now.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

I've had a set of Insa Turbo muds on my 110 for 3 years now and they're just showing their age. Maybe a less aggressive option would be the Insa Turbo Dakar. Considering these as a replacement. Not expensive either.

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/inde...o-Tyres&id=255

+ 1 for BF Goddridge

I've got the general Grabber AT's on my Disco 2. Had them on about two years now. Wear is slow, performance off road is excellent and road noise is minimal. I didn't really notice much difference in noise at all, even at motorway speeds, the brick-like shape of the Disco makes more wind noise than the tyres make road noise. The stone slinging comment is valid though. If you have a stoney driveway then I'd think twice, but in normal use, this isn't a problem. They are also the cheaper of the two choices you mention. Would I have them again? Oh yes.

+1 on the Insa Turbo tyres .

Run GG ATs on a Disco and the Freelander. Have bought another Freelander and just ordered another set of the ATs.

They wear very well, no noticeable road noise. Decent off road - the tread does fill up with mud but that is the problem with the BFs too. Excellent in snow.

Very good tyre for mostly road (fine at 80 on the motorway) and fine off road.

If you are doing 90% off road then pick a mud tyre.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.