BASC membership, unexpected benefit

timbrayford

If you are in the South and are interested in a new Nissan 4 x 4 I can recommend using the BASC 4 x 4 scheme.

Paul Collingwood at Westway Southampton is really helpful and with the assistance of BASC the savings made are substantial and delivery times quick.

Whoever at BASC originally thought of this link up with the motor trade for the memberships benefit showed some inspired thinking.

Contact Nick Glazebrook at BASC for details of this scheme.

atb Tim

How much did you save through BASC as opposed to your local dealer
Now that would tell whether it is a good deal or not.
I change my Disco through my local garage and get a good 'loyalty' discount every time, which I am sure would be hard to beat elsewhere.

How much did you save through BASC as opposed to your local dealer

If this is an advert for Nissan & BASC it is only because I received excellent service from both, my comments are unsolicited.

Overall savings over going to a local dealership were multiple £ 1000s and I got delivery in under 2 weeks compared to locally where I was advised to expect a 10 - 12 week wait.

atb Tim

Afternoon,
It was me that set the deal up originally about 8 years ago with a single dealership in Southampton, this was followed with two Toyota dealers coming on board too.

Over the last couple of years though, after handing the project over to my colleague Nick, we now have a network of Nissan and Toyota dealers all over the UK offering discounts, and more recently we have negotiated terms with Land Rover and more are coming on line soon - we hope to include 2nd hand cars.

The discount structure that we negotiated with the companies is at top level, not dealer level, and the objective is that the discounts members can get through our scheme are better than you can get if you just walk in an negotiate your own deal with cash or finance.

The only caveat is that you have to have been a BASC member for over 12 months to get the deal.

David

Brilliant I am looking at replacing my 56 reg hilux invincible whats the best garage to contact for toyota??
Afternoon,
It was me that set the deal up originally about 8 years ago with a single dealership in Southampton, this was followed with two Toyota dealers coming on board too.

Over the last couple of years though, after handing the project over to my colleague Nick, we now have a network of Nissan and Toyota dealers all over the UK offering discounts, and more recently we have negotiated terms with Land Rover and more are coming on line soon - we hope to include 2nd hand cars.

The discount structure that we negotiated with the companies is at top level, not dealer level, and the objective is that the discounts members can get through our scheme are better than you can get if you just walk in an negotiate your own deal with cash or finance.

The only caveat is that you have to have been a BASC member for over 12 months to get the deal.

David

I phoned the guy in Southampton and got a guote on the hilux. I was impressed with the price given. I didn't go ahead due to circumstances but when the time comes I will certainly be back in touch.
​and I don't work in the trade and have nothing to promote.

I have been a BASC member for five years now and did not know about this...

I wasn't aware of it either until I read about it in the latest BASC Shooting and Conservation magazine, the details are also on the website.

It really is such a good idea that it deserves to have its' profile raised so that more members might benefit from it.

Well done to David for getting the whole scheme going to start with.

atb Tim :D

It’s been advertised in the mag for the last year or so, happy that its useful, allot of members are using it.

David

Wish i had noticed it when I bought the new Toyota lasy year might have saved a few pounds.

John

I did see it and made a few enquiries but was still lucky enough to get a better deal from my local Landrover dealer.
I get my Discovery serviced and change it every three years using the same garage so I get a 'Loyalty' bonus and it works out quite well.
That doesn't mean I won't be checking the deal when the time comes for a change, just in case !!

Back