Thread: Bipod

Bipod

Hi, I'm looking to buy a decent bipod to pop onto my rifle when I'm zeroing etc. I normally shoot off sticks or from a high seat so I've never needed one, but I decided that for use on my range , it could be pretty handy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to size, make, swivel or static ? Or even better still, does anyone have one for sale ?

Kind regards, Olaf

If your range is fairly level then one on the short leg Harris swivel bipods would be good. An Atlas bipod would be even better. I have the full range of Harris and use the short one most and the medium quite frequently but the long leg hardly at all

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    If your range is fairly level then one on the short leg Harris swivel bipods would be good. An Atlas bipod would be even better. I have the full range of Harris and use the short one most and the medium quite frequently but the long leg hardly at all
    Cheers, I think a medium is about right, how much is an Atlas ? Do you have a link ?

Google atlas bipod, they are made by Accu shot. Sporting services have them on the website from 185. I have never used one myself but they are a solid piece of kit. You can go lower than a medium Harris by angling the legs but you can also go just as high. Those that have them seem not to go back to Harris.