Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Stalkers Hold the Advanced Deer Management Qualification?

How Many Stalkers Hold the Advanced Deer Management Qualification?

It must be growing but to what current level? What % of stalkers hold the qualification?
    Courses are offered by the BDS (not seemingly by BASC) and by Jelen. Any other concerns offering these courses?

Cheers, K

Did mine in 2007 with the BDS who were the only providers.
    MS

I have just passed mine with Jelen it was hard goin but brilliant at the same time. cheers Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!

Done the Sparsholt ANC in Deer Management then the BDS course and, most recently, the Jelen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Done the Sparsholt ANC in Deer Management then the BDS course and, most recently, the Jelen one.
    That's interesting to hear of someone that has done both! How did they compare?
    MS

+1

I was on the same course with Hootsman.

Cheers

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Krabryn View Post
    It must be growing but to what current level? What % of stalkers hold the qualification?
    Courses are offered by the BDS (not seemingly by BASC) and by Jelen. Any other concerns offering these courses?

Cheers, K
    did my advanced deer management with Jelen a few weeks ago had an email to say I have passed awaiting for certificate to arrive.

Done it years ago. If I had the time I might do it again to see what's changed.

Did the first ever Advanced National Certificate in Deer Management at Sparsholt College.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services

Quote Originally Posted by Krabryn View Post

Cheers, K
    I did the course with BDS in 2010, and the main instructor, Dave Goffin, in his preview of the course, advised our group that there were approx 800 registered with the registered bodies.... Which would be a very low % of all stalkers.... Not sure how many have been added in the last 3 years but it won`t be that many due to the low number of courses per year....

That said, there will be more than that total already involved with deer management, who have the knowlwdge / experience, but do not feel the need to hold the certificate...

All the best.

Neil.
    Last edited by NeilG; 04-10-2013 at 09:59. Reason: correcting statement