Ooommmmmggggg i missed a peach of a fox

jonny.c

WELL NOT WANTING TO RANT BUT IM GOING TO ANYWAY:doh:

WHILE THE MAIZE WAS BEEN CUT ON ONE PART OF THE LAND WHICH I SHOOT JUST STOPPED THE FOURTRAK TO GET A CUPPA ON THE GO WHILE MY LAMPING BUDDY HAD A LITTLE SHINE ROUND:-| TO SEE MR FOX SAT AROUND 220-250 :eek:YARDS IN A SPLIT SECOND THE 22-250 WAS ON THE BONNET WITH ONE UP THE SPOUT ONLY TO PULL THE TRIGGER AND MISS (NOW I KNOW 110% THAT I WAS DEAD ON THAT FOX NO IFS OR BUTS ABOUT IT? SMACK ON)

30-06 WILL BE COMING OUT TONIGHT!!!!!!!

and how is taking the .30-06 going to improve on one of the flattest shooting calibres there is? If you missed you missed? :confused:

Nah , you've nothing to worry about seen a farmer one night take 6 shots at one and still never got it he blamed the fox for moving to much,never mind the fact it was 300 yards and heading of like usain bolt

Dont worry, was calling in a fox on my local golf club, saw it at 300 yards and it came running in like it hadn't eaten for weeks. got with in 100 yards and stopped. my buddy had it in his sights. He was well P**sed off about it and couldn't understand why. His rifle was zeroed for 100 yards and reloads his own rounds. just one of those things. I'm glad we had a very high bank as back stop. Nothing wrong with a 22/250 Ive zeroed mine 1" high and 100 yards and its spot on at 200 yards

I always think shooting is a frame of mind if you are not in the right frame you will miss.

Dont beet yourself up about it or you will keep missing charlie.Forget about that one zero your 22/250 and get on with it.

ATB Kev

I always think shooting is a frame of mind if you are not in the right frame you will miss.

Dont beet yourself up about it or you will keep missing charlie.Forget about that one zero your 22/250 and get on with it.

ATB Kev

Spot on. Its definatley all in the mind. If you shoot a lot you will miss from time to time. Dont let it play mind games o you are in for a world of hurt. Just take it on the chin....check zero if you like....and get on and get another one shot.
Having said that if you are missing regular something is wrong with you or the equipment

missed a hoodie with the .270 last week
gutted. nothing finer than big centre fire rounds to make sure they are dead on the spot!

zeroed at 200 yds and hoodie looked further away than it was, I aimed at the head thinking it would drop and parted his skull feathers with the blast instead!!

We missed one last year after squeaking her in to about 30 ft of the truck, as she bolted when the lamp went back on. The night after, one in the exact same place sat up bonny for one of the other lads who promptly missed it from 10 yds with the 243. I doubt I'll ever let it lie with him !

Found out what a cock I had been!!! I only picked up some ppu 55g and not my home loads what a knobber scoped the 22-250 up one hole groups at 100 yards and guess what I found in the box of home loads !!!!! Yes 4x 55g ppu ther wher 5x well problem solved I knew I was on that fox if it was a body shot yes most prob had been one less fox but me being me head shots are a must..

​One one word for me (cock)

Missed two the other night,checked zero the next day was spot on,the ones that say they never miss that's the ones that worry me.

Found out what a cock I had been!!! I only picked up some ppu 55g and not my home loads what a knobber scoped the 22-250 up one hole groups at 100 yards and guess what I found in the box of home loads !!!!! Yes 4x 55g ppu ther wher 5x well problem solved I knew I was on that fox if it was a body shot yes most prob had been one less fox but me being me head shots are a must..

​One one word for me (cock)

So from the first post you say the shot was well beyond 200yds and for some reason you went for a head shot? You claim to take head shots all the time on foxes, even at that distance. Can you explain why its necessary to always go for a head shot on a fox with a 22-250?

Back