Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gore-Tex boots bargain

Gore-Tex boots bargain

For those who are not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for good boots (just because they are from 'certain' Brands that WILL make you think you WILL shoot more deer when you wear them this site has some great bargains, for example Used Grade 1 Gore-Tex lined Pro-boots £30; NEW Extreme Cold Weather Gore-Tex boots £60. Many other bargains of clothing and equipment, a lot of it useful for hunting/stalking, to be found on this site.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

You have to march in them for 6 weeks 20 hours a day to break them in and make them comfy

I'll stick with the Meindl's ta!lol

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    You have to march in them for 6 weeks 20 hours a day to break them in and make them comfy
    Bath of water for a couple of days.
    Plenty of dubbin to keep the leather soft.
    THEN tab out in them for a couple of miles a day for a week and you should be good to go.

If not, bin them and buy Meindls!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

bash the granny out of them over a scaffold pole with a hammer then buy a pair of 5:11's and meindls for winter my feet got f***** back in the day with dms (dems my shoes) i'v still got welts on my toes from 70's poxy things

I got distracted by the ATV's hur hur.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    For those who are not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for good boots (just because they are from 'certain' Brands that WILL make you think you WILL shoot more deer when you wear them this site has some great bargains, for example Used Grade 1 Gore-Tex lined Pro-boots £30; NEW Extreme Cold Weather Gore-Tex boots £60. Many other bargains of clothing and equipment, a lot of it useful for hunting/stalking, to be found on this site.

Im pretty sore on boots and they never seem to last me very long, so when I saw
    these I thought I would take a gamble on a pair. I bought a pair of the
    extreme cold weather boots for sixty knicker...

I have wore them a couple of times now and they are undoubtedly completely
    waterproof and breathable ..They have a lot of support and are very similar to
    my Altbergs, who apparently were contracted to make these boots for some
    military units...are they made by Altberg? I don't know for sure but they are VERY
    similar.

Of course I can't comment on how well they will last, but the leather is good
    quality, and very thick, the sole Vibram.

Compared with the £300.00 I paid for my Berghaus boots and gaiters, on the
    face of it these seem to be a gift for the price.

My first impression is a boot perfect as a winter staking / shooting boot .. fantastic
    value for money so far.
    Last edited by Cadex; 07-10-2013 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil12 View Post
    I'll stick with the Meindl's ta!lol
    Basel12, have you actually looked at the site - the bargain I flagged up includes Meindl boots at £35 for 'used Grade 1' condition.

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Bath of water for a couple of days.
    Plenty of dubbin to keep the leather soft.
    THEN tab out in them for a couple of miles a day for a week and you should be good to go.

If not, bin them and buy Meindls!!
    I. Fartucus, have you actually looked at the site - the bargain I flagged up includes Meindl boots at £35 for 'used Grade 1' condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    I. Fartucus, have you actually looked at the site - the bargain I flagged up includes Meindl boots at £35 for 'used Grade 1' condition.
    Hi Erik

Saw those, but being "Desert Fox" boots, they're not going to be the most waterproof kit I'd own!!

In my comment, I was talking from experience of wearing in boots, and was making that point that if you cant be *rsed, then buy Meindl... However, I'd buy something with ...tex in the title, as this is sunny UK, not downtown Dustbowl

Cheers
    iain
    PS Not meaning to go too far off piste, but did your scotch ever arrive for "Letter of the Month"
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)