Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipod to purchase any thoughts ?

Bipod to purchase any thoughts ?

Hi, I'm after a decent bipod, its only for range work as I use my trusty old stalking sticks or a high seat for the rest of the time.
    A friend was telling me that he'd seen a really nice set that were very similar to the Atlas bipods, Chinese and very cheap, but extremely well made. Has anyone seen anything like this ? Equally, does anyone have any suggestions ? I'm not that keen on spending much more than £60.

Kind regards, Olaf

Hi

I'd just keep an eye on eBay for a Harris bipod... You never know what might come up with a low "Buy It Now" price

ie Harris Bipod 9-13 Non-swivel Notched ultra light. Deer Stalking and Fox Control | eBay £68.50 inc. P&P!!
    Last edited by I. Farticus; 30-09-2013 at 18:08.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

+1
    by one of the cheap copys and you will soon be looking again

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Hi

I'd just keep an eye on eBay for a Harris bipod... You never know what might come up with a low "Buy It Now" price

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    +1
    by one of the cheap copys and you will soon be looking again

Ok chaps, thanks, I know your right, as my grandmother used to say; "I'm too poor to buy cheap things" !
    I think I'll just get a Harris and be done with it. The atlas looks good but I don't think its worth it for what I'll use it for. Just a shame that there isn't one going secondhand somewhere.

Kind regards, Olaf

Olaf

I edited my post with an eBay Buy it Now on a Harris
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I got a sniper systems 9-16 inch with tilt function off eBay for sub £50 brand new. Just like an old Harris I had, very good quality and good price too.

Get yourself a proper Harris bipod 9-13 swivel don't buy a fixed model it will only make shots awkward on uneven ground !!
    Buy a cheap copy and you will probably regret it. there is some real rubbish on the market since the Harris patent ran out
    ATB... Dave

As it is only for a bit of range work. Get what ever you like. Those atlas copys are not bad for a bit of range burning. I have one on my 22wmr for the bunnys. It also fits on the T3 243 foxing/roe rig.

Mine cost £8.99 +£5 p&p.

For the ocational user they are fine. Put more money into it of course it is up too you!

If it's for range work get a pair of shooting bags much more stable
    ​cheers

The copy I have is going perfect since about 8 years hard use. My harris broke in half at the first shot.
    The replacement is going strong since about 4-5 years.
    Overall Harris is maybe the safer way to go as some copies are great others are lousy and one takes a risk.
    edi