Theft of pheasant feeders

Malxwal

Three of our pheasant feeders stolen from an outlying part of our ground, feed tipped on the ground and feeders gone. Pathetic, and disappointing that others who share our sport feel they need to steal from their own. These feeders aren't expensive, certainly not when you consider the cost of the feed that goes in them and the birds (unless of course you're just hoping to steal other folks birds).
​I hope their next s**te is a hedgehog.:-|

I went to my pens tonight and have had a battery and energiser stolen, I shall be putting some stealth camera's up to see who is poking around.
Why they feel the need.

I doubt these people are putting down their own birds, just hoping to poach in other folks. It's a small world though...

I made half a dozen 3 gallon feeders with springs,

hang from the tree so brock cant knock them about too much, these were infills as well as the 5 gallon and 45 gallon feeders,

all my 3 gallon ones were nicked the first week.

We lost about 30 springs from feeders - they only took the nice new ones! And a couple of the energizer thingies and a portable high seat. Makes you not want to bother anymore....

We lost about 30 springs from feeders - they only took the nice new ones! And a couple of the energizer thingies and a portable high seat. Makes you not want to bother anymore....

I gave up the pheasant thing a while ago, just nothing but heartbreak and lost man hours!

now I just plant some recurring crops and shrubs and try to control the vermin to have a natural population of birds for rough shooting...ok, nothing I can drive commercially, but much easier and more pheasant..I mean, pleasant!

heartbreak and lost man hours!

you can sat that again. seems everything and everyone is against you

but what galls is crooks stealing feeders electric fences and high seats etc
​like to think everyone is honest in shooting but obviously not.
crazy dogs, crazy people, thieves, vandals,poachers, antis.......
:cry:

Last edited:
crazy dogs, crazy people, thieves, vandals,poachers, antis.......:cry:

To say nothing of the guns?! People walking off their pegs during a drive, people complaining that the birds were too high and too fast! :eek: People loading chap stick and then about to put a cartridge in to clear it out!!!! :doh: (we gave him a quiet talking to)

What a coincidence we have had the feeder's stolen from our flight ponds and are in the process of replacing them. :mad:

Jimbo

To say nothing of the guns?! People walking off their pegs during a drive, people complaining that the birds were too high and too fast! :eek: People loading chap

Have seen this many times when picking up. Totally disrespectful to the keeper and beaters working their butts off. Such guns do not deserve to be on pegs :finger: to them.

Jimbo

Had a few nicked a while back turned out it was next doors keeper who was worried I was nicking some of his twenty thousand birds ! :scared:

​Norma

Back