Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .270Win - 130gr Nosler Partitions

.270Win - 130gr Nosler Partitions

Hello folks,

Im seriously considering reloading in the future for my .270Win, I know that the taking the initial hit on the reloading kit will be an expense however it still seems cheaper than factory stuff, and really the cost of the factory ammo that's making me look at reloading.

im looking at for the moment at 130gr Nosler Partitions, (but have also been put on to sierra grand slams) has any one used the partition to any success?

Cheers,
    Craggan?

yes mate in my opinion one of the best bullets available and will happily contend with any animal you find yourself in front of I also use them in the 300 win i am sure others will also give a good account of them, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    yes mate in my opinion one of the best bullets available and will happily contend with any animal you find yourself in front of I also use them in the 300 win i am sure others will also give a good account of them, atb wayne
    Cheers Wayne,
    Im curious, what brass your using? does it make a difference ect?

ATB
    Craggan

i started out reloading for my .270 with a lee loader and a few case conditioning tools
    50 outlay on hardware
    1kg of powder does 300 rounds give or take
    for 200 you can get 300 bullets, 1kg of powder and the beginnings of a reloading kit, enough for a good weekend!

i got better groups than norma factory and with all the brass i had left over from 20+ years of factory ammo it was a no brainer

depends what you want from it.
    cost was my issue when 20 130gr norma hit close to 40!

130 gr interlocks are a good option if you dont fancy buying nosler partitions.

you don't need bench rest components and practices to produce better than factory, cheaper than factory and with a better bullet choice

As the above posts, you save money in the long run, produce a better bullet in terms of accuracy, performance and cost for your rifle, and your needs, and its satisfying producing your own fodder, another string to the bow. Also you will not be buying what the gunsmith has to sell, but what you want to shoot. deerwarden

I've used partitions for more years than I care to remember. I've used them in everything from 6.5 up to 375 and they always performed well for me. The 270 with a 130 gr partition would be an excellent choice for most game in this part of the world ( as always, excluding the big bears ) and I'm sure would handle anything in the UK with room to spare.
    AB

think i will stick to the barnes ttsx, bit dear to buy but once you have the load to suit well worth the outlay for my .270 and only use them to check zero and stalking so do use mass amounts, suppose its what suits your rifle and what you feel comfortable with,

I use the 130g ballistic tip out of my .270 Wsm and it is an awesome bullet. I do think the Barnes are the way to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    think i will stick to the barnes ttsx, bit dear to buy but once you have the load to suit well worth the outlay for my .270 and only use them to check zero and stalking so do use mass amounts, suppose its what suits your rifle and what you feel comfortable with,
    It is no great hardship to work up 2 loads with the same trajectory, one with TSX and the other with cheaper soft points or match bullets for practice. There may be very slight differences in trajectory between the two but it won't be much.

i have some 135gr SMK's that are as near identical to the 130gr
    the 150's similarly as near as damn out to 300yds
    (my 130gr load is slower than factory but the 150gr was slightly faster)

​no longer use 150's though