Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stags on loch awe side

stags on loch awe side

I'm up for a week in sunny Scotland on loch awe side. The stage are roaring well thus showing the rut is well under way. Nice to see a very healthy population of deer around, looking forward to the rest of the week. Enjoy fellow stalkers!

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I'm up for a week in sunny Scotland on loch awe side. The stage are roaring well thus showing the rut is well under way. Nice to see a very healthy population of deer around, looking forward to the rest of the week. Enjoy fellow stalkers!
    Where abouts are you staying? I've yet to hear a red or a sika stag.

now that's just weird.

I'm just back and trust me, I've never experienced less stags, less deer, less roaring..it was virtually dead..thank god for the 48 cans of carlsberg in the fridge or I would have died of boredom!

Well I'm afraid to say that we are hearing and seeing them from loch awe to loch fyne. Looks like its gonna be a good week.

I'm jealous...sounds very local to me up there, for nothing but curiousity, where exactly do you stalk? pm me if you want..like I said, just curious if you're a neighbour stalker :-)

I'm a repeat client stalker with the f.c. And we never seem to fail to see good numbers of deer.

I got a call this morning saying that they still aren't hearing any stags yet at Loch Fyne

Ah,

you're in the woodland blocks between my ground and loch fyne then I believe then.. I suspect it will be those same stags I will be shooting on the hill when they come out in the peat hags to gather their hinds, but I am guessing they're still in the woods, and that's why the hills are a bit bare just now.

I know its been said a trillion times, but, what a small world!

in any case, I wish you good luck, hope you get a good weeks stalking

A more beautiful place would be hard to find than above Loch Awe, I shot Roe in a re gen area & Mike & I saw loads of Red Stags about the place.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    A more beautiful place would be hard to find than above Loch Awe, I shot Roe in a re gen area & Mike & I saw loads of Red Stags about the place.

indeed, I love the place, however brutal it can be! I love the foggy mornings driving up the steep paths to the hill in the argo, then suddenly you break through the cloud layer and you're in what seems like a hot summers day...looking down on the loch it's like a blanket of fog. then you come home tanned and the Mrs is wondering if you caught a flight to mallorca and back in 7hrs!!! LOL...mind,,it can also break the weak spirited on a harsh winter day!