Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torch

Torch

Im after a torch as the nights draw in.

Basically for doing a bit of everything but also id like one that has a tightly focused beam, enough to use as a lamp when necessary.

Dont really want to spend as much as the Night Master.

Looking more for something similar to the LED Lenser M7 / M7R (in fact im going to go for that if no one strongly advises there is something better! (that is a similar size, price etc)

Thanks

Have a look for an Ultrafire C8. Cheap as chips and give you about 100 metres of good light. Plenty of them on ebay or amazon

Just get the lenser cracking torch.

HM Coastguard teams are issued the Bright Star LED Razor torch, they are brilliant, we rarely use the bigger rechargeable lamps now as these do the job. They can be bought for about 40. Use 3xAA batteries which seem to last forever.

Cree501B. Or go for a T6 or LMled torch from the bay. Couple of 18650 batteries and a charger. The T6 and Lm are focusable from wide to tight beam.
    If its for shooting get the 501b and add an ahorton aspherical lens to it for 200yds easy.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Night masters are defo worth the money

Google Cree 18650, eBay is full of LED torches.

I got mine for 20, it took a week to arrive from Hong Kong and is awesome. The only downside is like most of the ones I've seen it has 5 modes which means you have to cycle through all the modes each time you turn it on. That said it's not too much of a faff and for the price I don't know how you could beat it.

Although the build quality is not quite as good, the beam is much better (more powerful and more focused) than the LedLenser P7 I've got which cost 60

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim xyz View Post
    Google Cree 18650, eBay is full of LED torches.

I got mine for 20, it took a week to arrive from Hong Kong and is awesome. The only downside is like most of the ones I've seen it has 5 modes which means you have to cycle through all the modes each time you turn it on. That said it's not too much of a faff and for the price I don't know how you could beat it.

Although the build quality is not quite as good, the beam is much better (more powerful and more focused) than the LedLenser P7 I've got which cost 60

Jim
    ​What make & model is it?

Quote Originally Posted by easypeasy View Post
    Night masters are defo worth the money
    No there not

Overpriced as buggery, seen how much they are in USA?

I don tlike the way you have to flick all the modes when you turn them off / on. I never need a strobe so why would i want to have to go through it every time!

What about the felix ones?

Tight / Focused beam is the most important, do those Brightstars have that or do they have a wide beam?