Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 year old BMH looking for a home

3 year old BMH looking for a home

BMHS of GBSTILL LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME
    This is Indy, a 3 year old Bavarian Mountain Hound who is in need of a new home due to a change in circumstances in his owners work lives. Indy was found a home but this did not work out due to barking issues, so he is now back where he started.
    Whereas before the major changes in his owners lives, he had regular company and plenty of exercise now he is left alone most of the time and he now gets a lot less attention and stimulation.
    His owners realize this is not good for him and after much discussion have decided he needs an active home that will give him the stimulation he needs.
    He is good with children having been around young babies and older children.
    Good with other dogs, but can get excited so will need socialization.
    He has had basic training but more training is advised.
    Used to being indoors and out, does not have problems with barking in his original home.
    Not good with cats.
    This hound needs an experienced home, either working or active pet home.
    Should you be interested in Indy please fill out the pre-adoption application form found on the Rescue pages of the website and you will be contacted by the Rescue Co-ordinator.
    Bavarian Mountain Hound Rescue do ask for a donation upon adoption of a hound. This donation will go towards helping other hounds who pass through rescue. Without donations, rescue efforts would not be possible.
    Many thanks for your interest.

Contact the BMH society

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Hugger View Post
    BMHS of GBSTILL LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME
    This is Indy, a 3 year old Bavarian Mountain Hound who is in need of a new home due to a change in circumstances in his owners work lives. Indy was found a home but this did not work out due to barking issues, so he is now back where he started.
    Whereas before the major changes in his owners lives, he had regular company and plenty of exercise now he is left alone most of the time and he now gets a lot less attention and stimulation.
    His owners realize this is not good for him and after much discussion have decided he needs an active home that will give him the stimulation he needs.
    He is good with children having been around young babies and older children.
    Good with other dogs, but can get excited so will need socialization.
    He has had basic training but more training is advised.
    Used to being indoors and out, does not have problems with barking in his original home.
    Not good with cats.
    This hound needs an experienced home, either working or active pet home.
    Should you be interested in Indy please fill out the pre-adoption application form found on the Rescue pages of the website and you will be contacted by the Rescue Co-ordinator.
    Bavarian Mountain Hound Rescue do ask for a donation upon adoption of a hound. This donation will go towards helping other hounds who pass through rescue. Without donations, rescue efforts would not be possible.
    Many thanks for your interest.

Contact the BMH society

Good for you on posting it on a stalking site, and hope you find a good home for the lad soon.... Sad to see him in this position though.... Good looking dog.

All the best.

Neil.

What a shame a real nice looking animal. Can i just say any one interested in this dog needs to know what he is getting. I am sure Sika Malc took on a rescue BMH or similar and might offer some good advice.
    Barking is in the breed and a desirable trait at times. I live in a scheme and could not have a dog that barked all day. At three years old he will be well and truly set in his ways not yours and this could be a problem. That said if you have space and know dogs he might be a cheap option.

I hope the dog gets the home he deserves but a BMH rescue society in the UK, already??????

There is no mention of this dogs working ability or training. Was it bought as a pet?

The dogs themselves deserve better than being bought on a whim, so unless there is enough work to justify having one look for another breed so this particular animal doesn't end up in its fourth home in as many months.

Jammy a rescue society is normal for any breed that is KC registered. Ifact someone might correct me but you cannot get a breed registered with the KC without one. Hanoverians will need one soon as will plott hounds or their crosses.
    I hope the next owner is this dogs last but if it were me i would have put down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bavarian-Mou.../dp/B004CGJ6FS

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Jammy a rescue society is normal for any breed that is KC registered. Ifact someone might correct me but you cannot get a breed registered with the KC without one. Hanoverians will need one soon as will plott hounds or their crosses.
    I hope the next owner is this dogs last but if it were me i would have put down.
    I didn't know that about the KC side of it 6Pee Pee.

Still, if bought responsibly and not because its fashionable very few would need to be readvertised....

Brian you know me mate i could be wrong i have been the odd time before lol.

Barking to some an unacceptable crime to others sweet music.

Good video 6pointer, I haven't seen that one before.

Lol, just watched this good video only to be joined by a Teckel and GSP who both jumped up on the window seat beside me and watched the dog barking on my ipad with me!!!

Now rehomed.