Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one use a ATN PS22

Any one use a ATN PS22

As the title says does anyone use a ATN PS22.

I used one a few years ago and really liked it just wondered if any one has used one for a while and if its still working OK.

Wayne

SD Regular
    Nothing wrong with the life of the units I am aware of Wayne - all seem to hold up pretty well. Are you just checking how long they last or something else?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Eric thanks for your reply, reliability really I suppose before forking out 2k.

Jay I want a front mounted unit as it will sit on my .375H&H "pig rig" ,we use a Kite and a Pulsar digisight but neither are very user friendly with glasses and heavy recoil hence I want a front mounted which I can take on and off without messing around zeroing.
    I don't need any fantastic performance as it will be mostly used for highseat work on boar.

Any other options????? anyone.

Cheers

Wayne

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE DAVIES View Post
    Eric thanks for your reply, reliability really I suppose before forking out 2k.

Jay I want a front mounted unit as it will sit on my .375H&H "pig rig" ,we use a Kite and a Pulsar digisight but neither are very user friendly with glasses and heavy recoil hence I want a front mounted which I can take on and off without messing around zeroing.
    I don't need any fantastic performance as it will be mostly used for highseat work on boar.

Any other options????? anyone.

Cheers

Wayne
    Wayne, several options. The new little Pulsar dedicated scope at 400 (if you can source one), the Pulsar DFA at around 1300 as a front mounted option, - or - consider NVG's which are small enough to use with the normal scope, assuming you have good eye relief on the scope on your 375......(!!)

PS22 is, as far as I know, still only available as a Gen2+ in the UK, so you may want to consider the price v quality aspect there.

If you want to go the whole hog (oops, sorry) - the get a Starlight Longbow - well worth the money and the best of both worlds - at a price.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Cheers Eric I guess the 400 one you mean the Yukon photon to be honest I would have probably purchased one to try if I could have got one the eye relief looks plenty and the quality is probably enough for my requirements.

I aint sticking nothing on the back of my existing scope It gets a bit close sometimes when you forget and crawl up the stock.

I looked at the Dfa but I think I read you have to zero this unit ( I might be wrong ) I want something I can take on and off pretty quick.

Thanks again

Wayne

PVS-14 will not handle the recoil of a 375 H&H anyway.

You need to be very careful about your tube specs for use on a rifle like that, it will be too much for lots of commercial NV kit.

I have tried out a PS-22 and was not impressed quite a restricted field of view and I have read about lots of zero problems as well although the one I tried was accurate to within about 1 MOA which I think is what they were claiming at the time but still disappointing when the rifle I tried it on was capable of sub 1/2 MOA. As has been said as well the best ones in the UK are only gen 2+ and will need lots of IR to get to a decent distance.

I have tried lots of add-on systems over the years and have never been happy with any of them, dedicated scope is the way forward for me, I use a dedicated rifle as well but you can swap with decent mounts etc

Hi Anthony
    My .375 has a huge moderator so that should bring the recoil down to maybe a un moderated .30 cal so its not too harsh.

I only want it for close range work on boar so it does not have to be fantastic just easy and quick to use but still maintaining my eye relief.

I have a Pulsar digisight 550 which is more than good enough with an IR in fact its good enough for what I want with the standard IR but I'm not happy with my head position and eye relief on my bigger rifles.
    I have a MAK picatinny qr mount for the Blaser 375 so maybe I'll try a Photon when they arrive and might be enough for me and the eye relief looks quite good in the spec.

Thanks

Wayne
    Last edited by WAYNE DAVIES; 03-10-2013 at 11:36.

Moderators don't improve the ability of tubed NV to withstand recoil, they can actually make it worse.

I don't understand the physics but it is a relatively well established effect. I am sure a quick Google will turn up the answers for you.

Night Vision Gear will be introducing a new front in-line digital add-on next year might be worth waiting for that.

Tey seeme to have a lot of poi shift from zero as I remember but with enough it nothin wron with the princiable