Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caithness/Sutherland Stag week.

Caithness/Sutherland Stag week.

A quick update for you guys, we are currently running our first Stag week up in the far North and many of the guests are members on the site here.

As it stands just now 3 days in we have 6 Red stags down including 3 very large stags one being a Royal and two very impressive 8 pointers.

Full updates and some pics are already live on our Facebook page here for your enjoyment!

https://www.facebook.com/GameManagementScotlandLimited?ref=hl

L
    ot's of great chances have come and gone with over 50 deer seen inside the forest blocks and many more on the open hills around.

Good news Glen, the boys are doing well hopefully there will be a good few more yet.

I see that the Provider is doing well on the other bit

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Now thats a good report why would any one go to sweden when we got it all here. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Good news Glen, the boys are doing well hopefully there will be a good few more yet.

I see that the Provider is doing well on the other bit

John
    Just keeping my hand in John.

Thanks John, the weathers not been in our favour but all good, and yes Alan has put me to shame with a 51.5kg sika stag.... That beats my record.. Tense times.

6Pointer, you must come up for a shot bud.

The weather of the coast of Skye was just as bad this week, very little roaring and some stags still in small groups, did manage 4 stags of which two were 23 1/2 and 15 stone, but it was hard going for sure, my heaviest sika to date Glen is 52kgs 3 years ago so I'm still in lead lol.

Now then you chest thumping, willy waving hero's, young boy out on my ground this week, 19 years of age got his first Sika stag, a 6 pointer it only weighed 40kg, and his first red stag, 9 pointer 66Kg. Both in the same morning outing and with a 243! the big thing in his favour is he listens .

Wallace, you have started something now.....

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

If you Northern boys want to beat your Sika records then you need to come down to us..... He he.....

Quote Originally Posted by wallace grant View Post
    The weather of the coast of Skye was just as bad this week, very little roaring and some stags still in small groups, did manage 4 stags of which two were 23 1/2 and 15 stone, but it was hard going for sure, my heaviest sika to date Glen is 52kgs 3 years ago so I'm still in lead lol.
    Still not found any beasts with ticks Wallace so George may be able to get out the pick-up this time after all....

Wallace, 52kg is a big boy for these parts! Well done on the Rona trip, you worked hard for them.

JayB that's fantastic news, your ground is producing very well, all it takes is for guests to listen to advice from the pro's and they will connect.

​JamRoss Is that an open invite lol