Caithness/Sutherland Stag week.

Glen Cadwallader

A quick update for you guys, we are currently running our first Stag week up in the far North and many of the guests are members on the site here.

As it stands just now 3 days in we have 6 Red stags down including 3 very large stags one being a Royal and two very impressive 8 pointers.

Full updates and some pics are already live on our Facebook page here for your enjoyment!

https://www.facebook.com/GameManagementScotlandLimited?ref=hl

L
ot's of great chances have come and gone with over 50 deer seen inside the forest blocks and many more on the open hills around.

Good news Glen, the boys are doing well hopefully there will be a good few more yet.

I see that the Provider is doing well on the other bit :D

John

Thanks John, the weathers not been in our favour but all good, and yes Alan has put me to shame with a 51.5kg sika stag.... That beats my record.. Tense times.

6Pointer, you must come up for a shot bud.

The weather of the coast of Skye was just as bad this week, very little roaring and some stags still in small groups, did manage 4 stags of which two were 23 1/2 and 15 stone, but it was hard going for sure, my heaviest sika to date Glen is 52kgs 3 years ago so I'm still in lead lol.

Now then you chest thumping, willy waving hero's, young boy out on my ground this week, 19 years of age got his first Sika stag, a 6 pointer it only weighed 40kg, and his first red stag, 9 pointer 66Kg. Both in the same morning outing and with a 243! the big thing in his favour is he listens :D.

Wallace, you have started something now.....

John

If you Northern boys want to beat your Sika records then you need to come down to us..... He he.....:D

The weather of the coast of Skye was just as bad this week, very little roaring and some stags still in small groups, did manage 4 stags of which two were 23 1/2 and 15 stone, but it was hard going for sure, my heaviest sika to date Glen is 52kgs 3 years ago so I'm still in lead lol.

Still not found any beasts with ticks Wallace so George may be able to get out the pick-up this time after all....

Wallace, 52kg is a big boy for these parts! Well done on the Rona trip, you worked hard for them.

JayB that's fantastic news, your ground is producing very well, all it takes is for guests to listen to advice from the pro's and they will connect.

​JamRoss :D Is that an open invite lol

John I've never listened much to anybody, you should know that lol. The point I was making is the weather has not helped the rut which has yet to really start. Brian I think he will still need a kick out off cab to be honest lol. B intouch.

Wallace, 52kg is a big boy for these parts! Well done on the Rona trip, you worked hard for them.

JayB that's fantastic news, your ground is producing very well, all it takes is for guests to listen to advice from the pro's and they will connect.

​JamRoss :D Is that an open invite lol

Ill be in touch..... You can show me how its done......

Just out of interest, have you seen any Sika stags up there holding any hinds yet? We are getting a lot of whistling but hardly any movement just now. 15deg at 8pm the other day and the wind out the east is making it hard going just now. Just curious......

I have seen several stags appear following the route a hind made a few minutes earlier, with their nose to the ground like a dog tracking a pheasant! Great to watch.

Now then you chest thumping, willy waving hero's, young boy out on my ground this week, 19 years of age got his first Sika stag, a 6 pointer it only weighed 40kg, and his first red stag, 9 pointer 66Kg. Both in the same morning outing and with a 243! the big thing in his favour is he listens :D.

Wallace, you have started something now.....

John

Great to hear of his success and getting your first deer of and species is great. I will leave the chest thumping and willie waving to Wallace for now . :D

Glen - By the sound of it the .243 is the way forward man :rofl:

Not only did that young lad get his first red but another boy from the same group got his first red yesterday, 9 pointer 80.8 kg larger weight, he was made up.

John

Not only did that young lad get his first red but another boy from the same group got his first red yesterday, 9 pointer 80.8 kg larger weight, he was made up.

John
Them lads had a cracking trip mate, well done boys. There must be some good numbers showing on your place mate.

The red stags are really in good order just now, full of fat and not run at all, the one yesterday had not been anywhere near a wallow by the look, and smell of him! 15-16 deg by day and the wind from the East it is a wonder anything is getting shot, roll on the rut :D. It's beautiful here now blue skies, and warm sunshine...

John

Just out of interest, have you seen any Sika stags up there holding any hinds yet? We are getting a lot of whistling but hardly any movement just now. 15deg at 8pm the other day and the wind out the east is making it hard going just now. Just curious......

I have seen several stags appear following the route a hind made a few minutes earlier, with their nose to the ground like a dog tracking a pheasant! Great to watch.

Yes bud there are, some of the sika stags are well into the rut here.. sporadic is the term I would use though ;)

Back