Thread: hare croquets

hare croquets

anyone have a recipe for hare croquets? had some a couple of years ago and they were really good. cant seem to find a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    anyone have a recipe for hare croquets? had some a couple of years ago and they were really good. cant seem to find a recipe.
    I can`t find any reference to them anywhere.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Pete

Had this image of hares playing croquet! There are plenty of recipes for rabbit croquettes so you could just adapt.

Frank

I love hare, but I don't shoot anywhere where they're around and have never shot one. I had a good chance at one on a driven shoot a couple of years ago, but there was a no ground game rule. I had a shot at one ten years ago on a trip to Scotland. It accelerated past me like a cheetah and I missed it about two metres behind!

I've never made croquettes out of them, sounds interesting, although I daresay you'd end up with a hell of a lot of them, there's a lot of meat on a hare. I've kept a hare recipe from "Le Chasseur Francais" last month called "Lievre a la Royale", as it is the most insanely elaborate recipe for anything I have ever seen. It takes three days, and the first step is to bone the hare in one piece taking care not to pierce the skin, which isn't butchery, it's microsurgery! I should scan it and post it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    Pete

Had this image of hares playing croquet! There are plenty of recipes for rabbit croquettes so you could just adapt.

Frank
    touche and thanks. I'll do a search. This reminds me of the time I was reading a referral and it said baloney amputation rather than below knee amputation.