Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cumbria police - anti hunting?

Cumbria police - anti hunting?

It could be me but is Cumbria police pretty much anti countryside / shooting / hunting?

I have been on the website below and the language just seems to be against folks hunting regardless if there activites are legal or illegal.

http://www.cumbria.police.uk/advice-...-of-wild-birds

You should try having a listen to what the Scottish wildlife crime unit think of hunting

Andrew Mavin rates hunters as "barbaric" and with a mentality "beyond comprehension" This from a man who knows nothing off hunting and was even surprised when he was transferred to his current position

As far as the firearms guys go I have heard good things.

Lets not mix up our lawful activities with the information in the wildlife crimes section.

I'm sure all of us would agree that many of these crimes need stamping out and perpetrators should be harshly dealt with.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Lets not mix up our lawful activities with the information in the wildlife crimes section.

I'm sure all of us would agree that many of these crimes need stamping out and perpetrators should be harshly dealt with.
    Agredd, but the language just seems to suggest that we should always be treated as suspects.
    Check this document out relating specifically to the sale of venison.
    http://www.cumbria.police.uk/Admin/u..._leaflet_3.pdf

This would be the RSPB Tactical Wing of Cumbria Police, I assume?

I cannot recall such politicised, partisan drivel on a police website.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

What about the estimated 50 million song birds that are killed by the countries domestic cats every year are the police going to round up all these cats??

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Yes, and lets not distance ourselves too far from fellow hunters.

Most of their wildlife crime section is filled with mis-information. Scarey that they are the police and should know whats right and whats wrong.

Personally I have found Cumbria police firearms department very helpful and flexible. Not so, the traffic police!

just looks like as per the law ! but bigging up the RSPB to me ? may be they too are sold our info just like the rspca do from acpo