Cumbria police - anti hunting?

You should try having a listen to what the Scottish wildlife crime unit think of hunting

Andrew Mavin rates hunters as "barbaric" and with a mentality "beyond comprehension" This from a man who knows nothing off hunting and was even surprised when he was transferred to his current position

As far as the firearms guys go I have heard good things.

Lets not mix up our lawful activities with the information in the wildlife crimes section.

I'm sure all of us would agree that many of these crimes need stamping out and perpetrators should be harshly dealt with.

Lets not mix up our lawful activities with the information in the wildlife crimes section.

I'm sure all of us would agree that many of these crimes need stamping out and perpetrators should be harshly dealt with.

Agredd, but the language just seems to suggest that we should always be treated as suspects.
Check this document out relating specifically to the sale of venison.
http://www.cumbria.police.uk/Admin/...dvice_and_Info/Rural_crime/deer_leaflet_3.pdf

This would be the RSPB Tactical Wing of Cumbria Police, I assume?

I cannot recall such politicised, partisan drivel on a police website.

What about the estimated 50 million song birds that are killed by the countries domestic cats every year are the police going to round up all these cats??

Ian.

Yes, and lets not distance ourselves too far from fellow hunters.

Most of their wildlife crime section is filled with mis-information. Scarey that they are the police and should know whats right and whats wrong.

Personally I have found Cumbria police firearms department very helpful and flexible. Not so, the traffic police!

just looks like as per the law ! but bigging up the RSPB to me ? may be they too are sold our info just like the rspca do from acpo :eek:

It could be me but is Cumbria police pretty much anti countryside / shooting / hunting?

I have been on the website below and the language just seems to be against folks hunting regardless if there activites are legal or illegal.

http://www.cumbria.police.uk/advice...crime/wildlife-crime/protection-of-wild-birds

I read nothing on that page that is 'anti' legal shooting or hunting, just anti wildlife crimes. You should not try to read someting in it that is not there.

I read nothing on that page that is 'anti' legal shooting or hunting, just anti wildlife crimes. You should not try to read someting in it that is not there.

+1

That photo of the Robin suggests it's directed at chavs with air rifles out the bedroom window

+1 too. We should all condemn wildlife crime and I saw nothing in that article that wasn't factual and certainly didn't consider it to be anti-country sports. The RSPB also do some good work, however we are all aware of the position they are in with regards to protection of birds. Should they protect garden birds that are persecuted by corvids? Should they protect game birds that are preyed on by buzzards and sparrowhawks? It seems all birds are equal, some however are more equal than others.

All I can say is that Cumbria Police have one of the very best the best Firearms licencing departments in the Uk and have always being very helpful when dealing with my requests :love:

+ 1234

Cumbria police are good guys.

The only issue is listing Black Grouse and Ptarmigan as game birds - Ptarmigan have been extinct in Cumbria for over hundred years and Black Grouse are now extinct from most of their former range in the county and just cling on in a few places. Why are these species still on the game list? is anyone dumb enough to shoot them anymore?

Pigeon aren't mentioned, so from the website it can be assumed that its illegal to shoot them!!

Back