Thread: BBC last night Badgers eat Leveretts !!

BBC last night Badgers eat Leveretts !!

BBC 1 9pm last night lovely programme on the British Year, finished with how they filmed the programme, obviously used some quite high tech thermal imaging equipement (? military).

Anyway they were watching a Hare and her leverets and along comes Brock, and is joined by Basil, the narrator actually comments that the Brockif it smells it is certain to catch and eat the leveret .

Could not believe my ears the BBC actually saying something thay is firstly true and secondly could possibly tarnish the Brocks image!!

Anyway the Brock and Basil sense each other and both depart so mother hare keeps her baby.

For once it was quite an informative programme and some stunning photography. Very good thermal images of hares, rabbits, fox, badger and a muntie.

Spring season is to be featured next week, worth a view.

D

Amazing quality from both thermal cameras, was compelling viewing.

One to catch up on then me thinks, cheers!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I have seen buzzards take leveretts too.
    This summer whilst on the combine I watched a kestrel kill a leverett, it was quarter grown.
    If I hadn't seen it myself I don't think I would have believed it.

​Saying that I would rather have hares than stinking disease ridden badgers any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    BBC 1 9pm last night lovely programme on the British Year, finished with how they filmed the programme, obviously used some quite high tech thermal imaging equipement (? military).

Anyway they were watching a Hare and her leverets and along comes Brock, and is joined by Basil, the narrator actually comments that the Brockif it smells it is certain to catch and eat the leveret .

Could not believe my ears the BBC actually saying something thay is firstly true and secondly could possibly tarnish the Brocks image!!

Anyway the Brock and Basil sense each other and both depart so mother hare keeps her baby.

For once it was quite an informative programme and some stunning photography. Very good thermal images of hares, rabbits, fox, badger and a muntie.

Spring season is to be featured next week, worth a view.

D
    Don't forget the big herd fallow in the middle of the housing estate, one nice palmated buck too!!! They did not say the location but my bet is somewhere round Epping Forest.

Some of the thermal imaging camera's were astonishing!!! They were kindly lent to them by the MoD for the filming although they were not given the in's and out's how they worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    I have seen buzzards take leveretts too.
    This summer whilst on the combine I watched a kestrel kill a leverett, it was quarter grown.
    If I hadn't seen it myself I don't think I would have believed it.

​Saying that I would rather have hares than stinking disease ridden badgers any day.
    Well you certainly have plenty of hares at the moment mate!

It was a fascinating programme to watch and I was willing the badger and the fox not to find the leveret!

It was a fascinating programme to watch and I was willing the badger and the fox not to find the leveret!

I know what you mean Oscarsdad , But would'nt it be a shock to the do gooders if the angelic badger killed the leveret