Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Had a call from my local Wolf man..........

  1. #1

    Had a call from my local Wolf man..........

    Phone went this afternoon and it was a friend of mine that has a small zoo,he had a Roe Doe running round his place with a hanging leg and would I pop up and sort her out for him,well although i had the headache from hell itself I made my way over.He had cornered her and got her to go into one of his paddocks,so I got ready and went in to have a look for her,as it was although it was a small paddock it was a bit overgrown and she was definitely in hiding,but I eventually found her couched down behind a thistle right up against the fence and as she got up it was very evident that she was in distress so I dropped her as soon as she stood still.On inspection she had obviously been hit by a vehicle as her foot was absolutely smashed and it had been like it for maybe 3 weeks or more...................


    She had also been rolled as she had a large bruise on her back and was very badly flyblown and she had her own swarm in residence.Anyway the Wolves won't worry about a few flies and that is where she was now headed.......eat up boys.

  2. #2
    She must have been through hell over the last few weeks ..
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

  3. #3
    A good job well done!

  4. #4
    Horrific. Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess. I dare say if the weather turned cooler and the flies died off she may have pulled through, or was she too far gone? No doubt a lot of leg injuries go through that stage before it sloughs off. A good job done though to put her out if her misery at the first opportunity.

    Does your friend feed much in the way of venison to his stock? Perfect fodder for them!

    Novice

  5. #5
    Well done on putting her out of her misery sir , always amazing how tough wild animals are!
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

  6. #6
    That looks nasty.

  7. #7
    Well done the pain she must have been in .Top marks to you for dispatching her quickly
    DJC

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess.
    Guess we are animals too: one of my grandfather's soldiers in WWII made it 9 miles back through Japanese lines having had the bottom half of his leg blown off - Incredible endurance. I know a few people who would struggle to jog/tab 9 miles.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Horrific. Amazes me the will to live that wild animals possess. I dare say if the weather turned cooler and the flies died off she may have pulled through, or was she too far gone? No doubt a lot of leg injuries go through that stage before it sloughs off. A good job done though to put her out if her misery at the first opportunity.

    Does your friend feed much in the way of venison to his stock? Perfect fodder for them!

    Novice

    I do think she was best out of it Novice as by the next morning she would of been alive with maggots on her back and she had lost a good amount of body weight.The Wolves get all of my waste too and they are thriving on it.

    Martin

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Guess we are animals too: one of my grandfather's soldiers in WWII made it 9 miles back through Japanese lines having had the bottom half of his leg blown off - Incredible endurance. I know a few people who would struggle to jog/tab 9 miles.
    Aint that the truth !

Similar Threads

  1. Wolf reintroduction
    By SWSUK in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 13:55
  2. My First Wolf - What a Story!!!
    By Keepers Mate in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 09:21
  3. best fox call...stainless call
    By photon in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 19:03
  4. Wanted wolf shooting
    By yozzer1982 in forum Big Game Hunting Opportunities
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-02-2013, 08:44
  5. Scotsman, shootin man, doggy man, good pint man!
    By parlanaich in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-08-2010, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •