Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC L2 changes !!!!

DSC L2 changes !!!!

I had an interesting conversation today with the Scottish forestry commision ranger manager, He was telling me that as of June next year all DSC2 witnessed stalks will have to be witnessed by an approved witness that is all 3 stalks.
    He was trying to tell me that there will be no credited witness's and he recons it will cost even more then as all accredited witnesses will have to undergo more training to become approved so it looks like people with a dsc2 will not be able to act as witnesses.
    This DSC certificates looks like a real money maker for certain groups they just seem to keep adding more and more onto it .
    Anybody else heard anything
    Karl

There should be no additional costs to anyone. Any new approved witnesses, or accredited witnesses that are going to become approved witnesses only have to go to a new brief. These will be organised into the new year once BASC and BDS sort out their differences.

I am a professional deer manager and Acredited Witness, I wish someone could please explain to me, my boss, the Estate Accountant and our bank manager, how I am supposed to be making the often talked about fortune out of the DSC system! Three hours stalking then up to two hours paperwork - what would five hours at the dentist, five hours tree surgery, five hours motor mechanic time, five hours at the solicitors cost you? I note that it is usually people that haven't been involved in DSC 1 or 2 who critisise/comment the loudest. If you don't like the idea of DSC then don't get involved its as simple as that. Despite what people say, its not compulsory. If you want to get involved then fine, if you don't then that is fine too, the last thing a witness/stalker wants is a whinging candidate with a chip on his shoulder. JC

MS,

Posted about this a while ago.

It starts in Jan though I thought, It has all come about due to the very poor standards of ICR entries coming from the IN Credible Witness's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Buck
    MS,

It starts in Jan though I thought, It has all come about due to the very poor standards of ICR entries coming from the IN Credible Witness's.
    I agree, too many incredible witnesses!

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Buck
    MS,

That I did!
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...er=asc&start=0
    To my amazement it was generally met with a very positive response too!
    Maybe people should take the time to go back and read the post before posting on this one.

Well JC275
    I have no objection to people making money and as for people who are not involved with the dsc scheme whinging and making the most noise I will let you know that I am part of that scheme and a DSC1 holder who is working towards my DSC2, I thought the whole idea of the DSC2 portfolio was that at the end it is passed to a independent association who then go through it and can if needed phone and question the witnesses.
    I have had the oportunities to be witnessed by credited people for nothing but in the end will this scheme not lead to a shortage of approved witnesses making it harder for people to gain the relevant paperwork.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by JC275
    I am a professional deer manager and Acredited Witness, I wish someone could please explain to me, my boss, the Estate Accountant and our bank manager, how I am supposed to be making the often talked about fortune out of the DSC system! Three hours stalking then up to two hours paperwork - what would five hours at the dentist, five hours tree surgery, five hours motor mechanic time, five hours at the solicitors cost you? I note that it is usually people that haven't been involved in DSC 1 or 2 who critisise/comment the loudest. If you don't like the idea of DSC then don't get involved its as simple as that. Despite what people say, its not compulsory. If you want to get involved then fine, if you don't then that is fine too, the last thing a witness/stalker wants is a whinging candidate with a chip on his shoulder. JC
    Well said...

It takes some considerable time and writing to prepare a good portfolio..
    And speaking for myself think all my experiences so far within the DSC 2 have not only been incredible value for money but a huge expansion on my circle of stalking friends within the sport..

Personally i see no negative in the level 1 + 2 and for me i think the two have added immeasurably to my enjoyment of the sport..

Still under councelling from the Scotland trip tho..

Terry

I must apologise for dragging this one up again , I have just read the original post about it which was posted while I was working in India and I surely didn't look back the posts far enough when I got home. It seems reading it that the views are always going to be the same and people will differ .
    And I can't help it if I am a tight Scottish git who wants everything on the cheap

Its a rip off in my opinion I have signed off deer for stalkers, and so have other good credible witnesses. To say that CW's do not fill in the paperwork adequatly may be true to a certain extent for some of them, but in the past, and I know even now some AW's make a pigs ear of it and have not had the experience in years in the field that many CW's have.

Both Wadashot and myself signed off two deer last season whilst in Scotland for a member of this site, and the person undertaking their assesment told both of us that the paperwork and questioning we did was more thorough than the AW's.

This is simply another way of making money out of stalkers, and it will make the whole process of someone attaining their Level 2 almost impossible.

Who makes this Crap up