Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

​Just a couple questions . Any 1 use tracking collars for there dogs ? And what kind do you use . And what company's are the best for insuring guns dogs ? Any help much appreciated thanks J2R

Deer stalking equipment from AKAH HAND MADE LEATHER COLLARS, Stalkers UK

I use one of these. I don't think you will get better quality. I used a cheaper collar when she was a pup as I knew she would outgrow it, then bought one of these. What breed of dog is it for?

I use the cheap flouresent ones with flashing lights around them with two hawking bells on.
    I insure my dogs with the NFU.Wf1

She's a black lab . But I mean a tracking collar as in 1 with GPS . Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by J222ROE View Post
    She's a black lab . But I mean a tracking collar as in 1 with GPS . Thanks anyway
    Contact Rudi, Wolverine or Widu on here. They all know what GPS system is best. I was talking about the latest GPS collar just yesterday with George. If you want a look yourself the Garmin Astro is the one I will be buying with the new DC50 collar.

http://www.dusupply.com/garmin-astro-dc50.html

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Contact Rudi, Wolverine or Widu on here. They all know what GPS system is best. I was talking about the latest GPS collar just yesterday with George. If you want a look yourself the Garmin Astro is the one I will be buying with the new DC50 collar.

cheers J2R

Brian do you know what the differnce is between the astro and the Alfa for this country.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 04-10-2013 at 18:18.

For gundog insurance it is worth checking out John Lewis. I know it may sound odd to go to a High Street retailer but their rates are very competitive and I can only say that the claims service, in my experience when my dog damaged an eye in gorse, is troublefree without any attempt by them to wriggle.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Brian do you know what the differnce is between the astro and the Alfa for this country.
    Sorry Davie, I don't. I'm following advice from those above mate...

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post

Out of interest why the DC50