Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Licence Revoked

Licence Revoked

okay guys please bear with me as I try and fit all the facts into my post.
    Four weeks ago I was assaulted by 7 lads requiring hospital treatment for various injuries to my face etc.
    what happened was the lads was kicking a football around in the street at around 23.30hrs and the ball hit my car and when I heard the noise I looked out the window to see people in my garden and around my car,i went out to them and asked one what they was doing and in doing so grabbed one by the scruff of the neck thus resulting in myself getting a good kicking.
    now for me grabbing the lad I received a caution for common assault.
    now on to the letter from the Firearms Dept.
    it states.
    Information has been brought to my attention that gives me cause for concern in relation to your position as a cert holder etc.
    it then goes on to say
    "I must be satisfied that you can be permitted to possess a firearm without danger to public safety or to the peace.As yet iam not and iam minded to revoke your cert."
    then goes on to say if you have any further information you would like me to consider or would like to arrange a meeting with me to discuss this please contact me etc.
    if I do not hear from you by 22nd oct your cert will be revoked.
    now I have a meeting with a Supt on the 7th nov.
    now when the police came for the rifles they left me with both sound mods,expanding bullets and both rifle bolts!!
    sorry for the long post but any advice would be greatly appreciated as iam totally stunned by events.
    mjd237

Quote Originally Posted by mjd237 View Post
    Four weeks ago I was assaulted by 7 lads requiring hospital treatment for various injuries to my face etc.
    what happened was the lads was kicking a football around in the street at around 23.30hrs and the ball hit my car and when I heard the noise I looked out the window to see people in my garden and around my car,i went out to them and asked one what they was doing and in doing so grabbed one by the scruff of the neck thus resulting in myself getting a good kicking.
    it states.
    Information has been brought to my attention that gives me cause for concern in relation to your position as a cert holder etc.
    it then goes on to say
    "I must be satisfied that you can be permitted to possess a firearm without danger to public safety or to the peace.As yet iam not and iam minded to revoke your cert."
    then goes on to say if you have any further information you would like me to consider or would like to arrange a meeting with me to discuss this please contact me etc.
    now when the police came for the rifles they left me with both sound mods,expanding bullets and both rifle bolts!!
    sorry for the long post but any advice would be greatly appreciated as iam totally stunned by events.
    mjd237
    Try contact David at BASC see if they can help the law stinks in our country

Contact BASC or SACS or which ever you are a member of and use your legal advice there ..
    The person you want to speak to is a lawyer.... and not listen to the barrack room lawyers on here....
    Last edited by Jimnydriver; 04-10-2013 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by mjd237 View Post
    it states.
    it then goes on to say
    mjd237
    Contact/become member of Basc or hire someone that give you good legal advice. There are plenty of people on here qualified but you might not be able to distinguish them from other well meaning folk who may or may not give good advice.

you reallly must contact someone for good legal advice as has been said
    I know someone who recieved a warning for being involved in a car accident
    police seem hell bent on revoking certs at very least excuse
    No offence to anyone on this site but dont be tempted listen to online experts

Admin - Please close this thread, as the best advice has already been given more than once, and it'll dissolve pretty quickly from here...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Admin - Please close this thread, as the best advice has already been given more than once, and it'll dissolve pretty quickly from here...
    Before I.Farticus gets his way i would like to thank all who posted replys even I.Farticus.
    Mjd237

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Try contact David at BASC see if they can help the law stinks in our country
    ​doesn't it just!!!

​a bloke in Warrington got kicked to death for the very same thing a few years back
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

as i said mate BASC is the best bet....im pretty confident that all will be ok .....

Please get in touch with me - my direct e-mail is david.ilsley@basc.org.uk, if you are a member I will make sure I / BASC will help all we can.

David