Thread: Minox - exceptional service.

Minox - exceptional service.

I put a post in the classifieds section on Sunday asking if anyone had a spare Minox binocular case available, as I had lost mine whilst on Mull. The next day I received a PM from Minox GB (who had joined that morning as a trade member) asking for my address. A replacement case arrived from Germany today free of charge. Great binoculars, and equally great customer service!

Hi mate how did you get on with the reds? Jab.

Only managed one day's stalking, but it was a good one; shot a switch early on, and nice six pointer about 6pm. Still living off the memories!

That's a good day .

couldn't agree any more. a plastic bit fell off my minox and after an email I had a replacement in the post. same happened to my brother in laws, and they posted one to Denmark to him.

Great service, just wish it hadn't been necessary to NEED the repairs in the first place of course...but hey, it aint zeiss,,,BUT it 'is' exceptional glass for the money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    I put a post in the classifieds section on Sunday asking if anyone had a spare Minox binocular case available, as I had lost mine whilst on Mull. The next day I received a PM from Minox GB (who had joined that morning as a trade member) asking for my address. A replacement case arrived from Germany today free of charge. Great binoculars, and equally great customer service!
    Cant say better than that, a great company.
    Cheers
    ​Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Cant say better than that, a great company.
    Cheers
    ​Richard
    at least they're trying..they're by no means a 'big 3' brand, nor do they probably have the manpower or budgets to really stretch themselves..so good on them delivering 'big 3' customer service...you never know, they may end up being part of the cool gang in the sports optics market.

I think, if Minox had me as director of strategic sports optics product development,,,,they'd earn a lot of dosh,,but the guys testing the water with their current range of scopes and bino's are doing a semi-decent job TBH...I have great respect for this wee firm..they'll hopefully make it big one day when they have the right visionary leader taking the company forwards.

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    they're by no means a 'big 3' brand, nor do they probably have the manpower or budgets to really stretch themselves..so good on them delivering 'big 3' customer service...you never know, they may end up being part of the cool gang in the sports optics market.
    Good on Minox for being upfront here.

It's hardly surprising that one of the big three can afford the tiny sums involved in top level service for its sports optics : the Swarovski juggernaut, a global concern trading in fashion jewellery (with two or three multi-storey, high turnover shops rammed full of tourists in Vienna alone), designer jewellery, crystal jewellery and accessories, synthetic and natural gemstones, top-end chandeliers, reflectors, cats-eyes and road marking studs, lighting, and corporate gifts. I just love Austria.

Second that, i sat on my binos while on the forshore last year and snaped the left eye piece, I sent it of to then and it came back like new no charge from germany.well done Minox