Thread: 30 cal mod on 6.5

30 cal mod on 6.5

Hi guys,
    I have a wildcat mod from a 308. Will it be effective on a 6.5 x 55?
    cheers
    ​BE

You wont notice the difference nor will the deer, the bullet is already at the target before you hear the bang

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a wildcat mod from a 308. Will it be effective on a 6.5 x 55?
    cheers
    ​BE
    i have a t12 308 mod on my 6.5x55 and it works fine....

That's great news and saves me a few pennies. Just got to wait for the scope mounts and I can get down the range.

I use a 30 cal mod on my 17 rem works perfectly, personally I can not see the need for calibre specific moderators they cause confusion and add to significant risk if a small bore moderator is used on one of the larger calibres, as most uk shooters use the 30 cal or smaller why not then have moderators made "suitable for 30 cal and smaller only" instead of the hash we have at present just my thinking.

I used a .30 cal mod on a .243 for years and it was listed on my ticket as '.243 moderator' as well. When I got rid of that particular .243 I wanted it listed as a .30 cal moderator so explained to the FLD that it was suitable 'up to and including'. They re-listed it with no other questions asked. Problem is that the law is so poorly thought out that most RFDs are not going to sell you a .30 cal moderator for use on/to be listed as a smaller cal. for fear of falling foul of the law (or the police interpretation of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    I used a .30 cal mod on a .243 for years and it was listed on my ticket as '.243 moderator' as well. When I got rid of that particular .243 I wanted it listed as a .30 cal moderator so explained to the FLD that it was suitable 'up to and including'. They re-listed it with no other questions asked. Problem is that the law is so poorly thought out that most RFDs are not going to sell you a .30 cal moderator for use on/to be listed as a smaller cal. for fear of falling foul of the law (or the police interpretation of it).

That would be right red tape getting in the way of simple common sense....

Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    That would be right red tape getting in the way of simple common sense....

Damian.
    No that cannot be right surely

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    No that cannot be right surely