Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harkila or Harleaka

Thumbs down Harkila or Harleaka

Went out this morning for a poke around, knocked a nice little buck over so was happy, thats 2 in 3 days, the estate is happy but when i went to change my boots i found this.

Im not happy., bought them last year, wore then a few times in the winter, always washes and dried after. today i walked 200 yards to the buck, delt with it and then walked 200 yards back to the motor pushing the wheel barrow with buck.

For the money i thought they would be the mutts but now im thinking their nutts.

down side is i bought a second pair at the same time as they where cheaper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	33129

it looks like my week for braking things.

All the best

​Phil.

gave mine away a few years ago leaked like a sieve go meindl keep warm and dry or dry your boots out a soak them in nikwax or this ​ Woly Hymalaya Wax Spray Dubbin Waterproof Spray for Boots, Camping, Hiking works for me .ebay

SD Regular
    Less than twelve months old - send them back
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

don't blame you add some dosh get some meindls

I've had a pair of le chamuea muflons for a few years now and can't fault them, watertight and warm, I think they were around 230...

Had the same issue, under warranty but had hell and alls job getting anything sorted through the Scottish company that I bought them through, rubbish boots, get some meindl's and forget harkila, utter crap.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Went out this morning for a poke around, knocked a nice little buck over so was happy, thats 2 in 3 days, the estate is happy but when i went to change my boots i found this.

Im not happy., bought them last year, wore then a few times in the winter, always washes and dried after. today i walked 200 yards to the buck, delt with it and then walked 200 yards back to the motor pushing the wheel barrow with buck.

For the money i thought they would be the mutts but now im thinking their nutts.

down side is i bought a second pair at the same time as they where cheaper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	33129

it looks like my week for braking things.

All the best

​Phil.
    How disappointing for a premium priced product, I hope that Harkila value their reputation enough to send you some F.O.C. replacements asap.
    atb Tim

Interesting, as some of our stalking ground is very flat and just a swamp. Never had wet feet in the Harkila, unless I've gone over the top of them which I seem to do regularly! Why should this be? Are they all made in the same place or are they contracted out to different makers?

Not the first time I have seen harkila products fail. A friend had a new harkila roe sack and stitching cacame apart after 2/3 outings. Luckily he eventually had a full refund. Mendil all the way. 3rd season now and mine haven't had any problems. I don't particularly look after them either, just put some wax on every 2/3 months.

I had a pair of harkila prohunter trousers which, after 3months, the stitching around one of the pockets came undone... I contacted the UK distributor and after sending them the trousers they replaced them with a brand new pair. It did take approx. 3 - 4 weeks though... Disappointing for a premium product with a premium pricetag!!! Good luck with boots, hopefully you'll get some replacements...