Recommendations for 50 BMG (collet?) neck sizing only die

AI perfector

Does anyone have any recommendations for neck sizing dies with a 1-1/4"-12 thread? I've a Redding Big Boss 2 and a Lee Classic Cast press and don't particularly want yet another press fixed to my bench just to accommodate a 1.5" threaded die from CH4D or RCBS, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for neck sizing dies with a 1-1/4"-12 thread? I've a Redding Big Boss 2 and a Lee Classic Cast press and don't particularly want yet another press fixed to my bench just to accommodate a 1.5" threaded die from CH4D or RCBS, etc.

You can remove the reducer and use the dies in the Lee Classic. I haven't seen a collet die in 50 BMG though I'm sure someone makes a neck sizer. Most 50 BMG dies are geared for automatic and semi automatic weapons. Lee might even make you a collet die. I know they make a Factory Crimp Die.

You might just want to 'partial FL resize'; just sizing down the neck as far as it suits. RCBS used to recommend that you place a US 5-cent piece between the shell holder and the base of the dies to get the right setting. I just eye-ball it.~Muir

You can remove the reducer and use the dies in the Lee Classic. I haven't seen a collet die in 50 BMG though I'm sure someone makes a neck sizer. Most 50 BMG dies are geared for automatic and semi automatic weapons. Lee might even make you a collet die. I know they make a Factory Crimp Die.

You might just want to 'partial FL resize'; just sizing down the neck as far as it suits. RCBS used to recommend that you place a US 5-cent piece between the shell holder and the base of the dies to get the right setting. I just eye-ball it.~Muir
Thanks, Muir. Removing the reducers in both my presses take the size up to 1-1/4", not 1-1/2", which seems to be 'favourite' with 50 cal dies. Your para 2 may be the answer, unless others have ideas?

Thanks, Muir. Removing the reducers in both my presses take the size up to 1-1/4", not 1-1/2", which seems to be 'favourite' with 50 cal dies. Your para 2 may be the answer, unless others have ideas?

I get it. A little bobble in interpretation. I would partial FL size -if neck sizing it indeed your goal. That way you can use the set up you have and be using the same dies when you want/need to FL resize. What can it hurt? Especially if you have the press (es) already. ~Muir

Back