Blaser, love them or hate them?

Think its the action and the price . Having said that I recently bought a k31 and love it you can get them for 200 - 300 at the moment think the blaser is a whole heap more

Fantastic rifles if your happy to shoot in the .2's and .3's out to circa 300y. I do miss mine in the woods. I'm into more accuracy now

I reckon their popularity is down to promotional films like this. I bet all Blaser owners have a tear in their eye by the end of it... :stir:

Nothing wrong with owning a blaser good accurate rifles although a little on the expensive side
Just remember to not part with your sense of humour at the same time as you part with your cash and you should be a proud happy owner.
I used to help out in the gun trade and there was always plenty of friendly banter with people knocking each others kit and rifles tikka suar sako remmington winchester howa browning mauser etc but it was nearly always the blaser owner that seemed to take it personally
just my observation for what its worth

Last edited:
I've only had a few rifle failures over the last 35 years of professional stalking, one was a Remington back in the late 70's, the mauser model 66 had feeding problems in certain calibres, the other two were both blasers, one failed completely and the bolt was jammed in the rifle and the stag needed a follow up shot that couldn't be fired, the second fortunately failed at the target and again the bolt couldn't be opened after firing. It has undermined my confidence, but I have always been a big fan of Sako, so I am probably biased. (Bought my first Sako in 1977, a varnish stock L579 action Forester in 0.243 Win, still have it and its as sweet as the first day I fired it)

Back