Thread: brno fox mag (.222)

brno fox mag (.222)

Gents.

looking for the above. was given a cz527 mag to go with it but it does not push deep enough to allow feeding. I assume the older BRNO fox model mags are cut with the 'stop slot's to to a big higher into the receiver.

anyone with a spare or who knows what I'm talking about?

alternative of course is either to try and modify the CZ mag or mill out some of the inletting in the mag weld, but I'd rather have one that fits if possible

thanks

​Peter

I'm surprised the 527 mag even fits in the well, they are completely different shape magazines.
    Have you tried calling Edgar's, or even the CZ factory outlet.
    I have just bought a 527 mag direct from the CZ Web-Shop, impressed with the service, took 3 days from order to delivery.

Neil.

I have a fox mag to compare if you want to see the difference and mod the 527 one, otherwise I suspect you will have to try and find a 2nd hand one along with some hens teeth, rocking horse faeces and an honest politician

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I have a fox mag to compare if you want to see the difference and mod the 527 one, otherwise I suspect you will have to try and find a 2nd hand one along with some hens teeth, rocking horse faeces and an honest politician
    Ed, just post the BRNO mag to me along with the comp .222 lee loaders...LOL..

FWIW, I think it's just the 'stop' cutouts on the 527 that are placed different places, if I mill them off and re-weld a new stop further down I'm sure I can get them to fit...PITA people who sold it to me didn't tell me they'd lost the mag and put a new CZ one in...cheeky sods!