Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting what you were expecting?

Not getting what you were expecting?

As someone who does some overseas hunting (as a guest thus far) I'm intrigued/appalled by the Finnish write ups. I buy some sport in the UK but know the people I buy from.

If you go on a trip such as this, organised by an overseas agent what recourse do you have if it is not as advertised?

I know in the UK you would speak to trading standards (regarding false/exaggerated advertising) but what do you do overseas? I'm not talking about if you dont get the beast, as this is stalking, but if the whole package has been oversold.

Is there no requirement for sporting agents to have any form of insurance against this? There's a vast increase in agents/intermediaries and I wonder about the professionalism of a lot of them.

Just wonder how trading standards could be involved when hunting wild game?

Not necessarily for the stalking aspect but for misrepresenting accommodation etc. I used to work for a firm which sold salmon fishing overseas and they stopped doing that after a trip where things didn't go to plan and trading standards became involved.

Like I said on the finland moose thread, we shoul try and set up a name and shame list or at least outfits that members can reccomend, ultimately I agree something needs to be done about dodgy trading standards far too many honest people have been relieved of their hard earned cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    As someone who does some overseas hunting (as a guest thus far) I'm intrigued/appalled by the Finnish write ups. I buy some sport in the UK but know the people I buy from.

If you go on a trip such as this, organised by an overseas agent what recourse do you have if it is not as advertised?

I know in the UK you would speak to trading standards (regarding false/exaggerated advertising) but what do you do overseas? I'm not talking about if you dont get the beast, as this is stalking, but if the whole package has been oversold.

Is there no requirement for sporting agents to have any form of insurance against this? There's a vast increase in agents/intermediaries and I wonder about the professionalism of a lot of them.

Totally agree but slander is also in the frame and it would be easier to prove once in print.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Totally agree but slander is also in the frame and it would be easier to prove once in print.
    +1 we have to be careful.

Jimbo

depends on how you word it xyz is or xyz is: suss no slaggin and just leave it at that , the more he gets then the less trade they get! that then leaves it up to next buyer as its still his choice after all .

Would a points rating system work say 1 to 10 starting from dissapointing , could have been better and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    depends on how you word it xyz is or xyz is: suss no slaggin and just leave it at that , the more he gets then the less trade they get! that then leaves it up to next buyer as its still his choice after all .

prob feller just got to stay away from the ripping into them keep it KISS .

I have not had much experience of miss-represented foreign hunts, I've had a few disappointing ones but in each case it has not been the fault of the UK agent.
    It has been a case of the UK agent being let down by the contact on the ground and as embarrassing for him as the hunters.
    So from what I've read on here of the Moose hunt/search ! the guy this side, that did the organising, is really not at fault unless by some miracle he was treated differently during the hunt and had good food, bedding and shot lots of Moose and kept it quiet !