Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions new ford ranger

Opinions new ford ranger

As above please gents Good and bad ,after driving everything in the double cab market at the weekend this is sitting very high in my shortlist if there are any cons please let me know before I sign on the dotted line.
    Model I am looking at is the Limited 2 in 2.2ltr
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Ive had a Land Rover Pick Up, Ranger and L200 but the best by far was the Ranger imo.. tho it wasn't a new model
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I have seen and heard only good on the old model but the new offering looks a bit too Chris Eubank for me..

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    ....after driving everything in the double cab market at the weeked....
    Did that include the VW Amarok Pierre?

I was on a corporate jolly recently and these were superb.

ATB

​Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

you can try mine out anytime feller ranger wildtrack 3lt with commerial road tax and insurance good bus the VW prob has the better back up and the great wall is a nice copy of the ford but with a galvo chass and a good standard equipment and tyers for 17k ?.
    also like the shooting great wall with the blacked out grills etc and gun box and deck to the pick up base as standard

Last edited by paul o'; 07-10-2013 at 12:06.

Good reliable motors, the one I drive is the older model but it has been faultless in the 5 years I've driven it. It has 65000 on the clock pulls a trailer every day. It has only had tyres and springs replaced, oh and one UJ. fuel economy can be mixed with them but I think that is down to how you drive them. I certainly would buy one if I had the cash

Al

oh the one thing was the brakes took some time to get use to,so no rushing up to corners they arn't a range rover, also corners they are a tad happy to come round and say hello in the wet but i like that , service will be no problems with your pal up northwest , cam belt at 70 k pulleys and tenion 200k mine is fully sin on the oils so keep away from main dealers unless its new . and fine a mesh behind the bumper and grill will save you a few bob when on a rape field stubble bloody lances !! also the lock stops keep em wet as it a big give away when turning on uneven ground !!

one last thing if you wish to turn it into a wildtrack i have the full buck top fittings and armedillo lockable cover sitting up the shed
    Last edited by paul o'; 07-10-2013 at 13:19.

Can you swap between 2wd and 4wd on the fly in the new ones? You cant in my mates older one, a right pain in the proverbial...

My mate got the new 3.2 wildtrak, its a cracking pickup, powerful as you like

Buy the vw amarok,had mine 2 years now and had a 09 plate ranger before that best thing I did was getting rid of it,amarok has been faultless and it's abused everyday on and off road!