Thread: Malala

Malala

Having a bad day?

Need some inspiration or something to kick your teenage kids up the butt?

Think (some) immigration can't help improve our society?

Open this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-24333273

and scroll down to the radio interview with Malala.

Possible Nobel Peace prize winner by the weekend - and a future PM of Pakistan (if they don't get her before that)?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Hats off to the girl - there's not many like her in any country never mind in Pakistan.

She should be given all the help she needs as there is possibly a very good and decent politician in the making.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Hats off to the girl - there's not many like her in any country never mind in Pakistan.

She should be given all the help she needs as there is possibly a very good and decent politician in the making.

Ed
    I remember going to the Gambia and being confronted with lots of children begging when we were leaving or entering the hotel.
    The children weren't begging for money, they were begging for pens.
    Once they got a pen they would run as fast as they could to school.
    Apparently you were allowed to go to school if you had a pen and not allowed in if you didn't have one.

I ended up buying boxes of a hundred and giving them out.
    ​I know....soft touch

Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    I remember going to the Gambia and being confronted with lots of children begging when we were leaving or entering the hotel.
    The children weren't begging for money, they were begging for pens.
    Once they got a pen they would run as fast as they could to school.
    Apparently you were allowed to go to school if you had a pen and not allowed in if you didn't have one.

I ended up buying boxes of a hundred and giving them out.
    ​I know....soft touch
    You're not a soft touch only human.
    There's no better sight than kids eager to learn being taught.
    For too long it's been a case of "knowledge is power" and the best way to reduce that power is through teaching.

Ed