Thread: flying visit to Aberdeenshire proved to be worth while.

flying visit to Aberdeenshire proved to be worth while.

On Thursday I put in for my last two days of holiday to visit family that was up Scotland on a fishing trip. I thought I would take the rifle to have a little stalk while I was there. Only trouble was the bucks were hard to find and could only find does. So I tried a bit fishing to see if I would have better luck there.
    Water levels on the river deveron were very low and catches even lower, but persistence paid off as I ended up with four salmon in two days and better knowledge of the land I was stalking .

Well done, the conditions are very poor for the salmon at the minute. Thats good going!

ATB Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    On Thursday I put in for my last two days of holiday to visit family that was up Scotland on a fishing trip. I thought I would take the rifle to have a little stalk while I was there. Only trouble was the bucks were hard to find and could only find does. So I tried a bit fishing to see if I would have better luck there.
    Water levels on the river deveron were very low and catches even lower, but persistence paid off as I ended up with four salmon in two days and better knowledge of the land I was stalking .

not so good about the stalking? Where was u at? Some of my land has bucks on the go and others they r still like hens teeth.

Good you got a few salmon tho, been very scarce this year but heard theres been a good run of them this past week or 2.

​Paul
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

I was fishing the Scatterty beat, there was plenty of fish running even though the water was so low, all my fish were caught in the throats of the streams not in the usual taking spots.

I was stalking on a little bit of ground near King Edward, there has been some good bucks spotted all summer apart from when I arrived. Hoping to get a couple of days stalking on a small wood near Carnousie next year.

I was a little disappointed that I never got a moderator sorted , I called into hunters cabin to pick up a mod but misunderstood that it was a spigot fitment not suited to my rifle. what a trek that was over the "old military road" in thick fog and a road diversion due to car crash on the way to Huntly added 3 hours to my journey.