Thread: Trophy prep in South East

Trophy prep in South East

A friend of mine has shot a Sika Stag he wants to have Cleaned, Cut & mounted was just wondering if anyone down in the South East can offer to help and how much I think he's got a shield.

Tell him to look up CIC http://www.cictrophy.com/ and get in touch with one of their measurers, there's one in Midhurst, West Sussex. If they don't offer the service themselves I am sure that they will be able to put him in touch with someone who does.

IMHO it would be respectful to the animal if he learnt how to prepare the trophy himself. I'm not local at all but if I were I'd happily show him how to go about it, he could borrow my boiling pot, saw, jig and even my power washer. I'm sure some of the fine chaps on here who are in the South East would do the same for a novice stalker.
    Sorry if it seems like a rant but I genuinely feel he'd benefit from learning how to prepare a head himself and that he will get a better response/save himself some money if he frames his question to the SD like that.
    ATB Nick
    Last edited by NickJ; 11-10-2013 at 08:51. Reason: spello

Thanks for the replys hopefully sorted now.

I understand the point of someone learning but the person in question is a Game shooter and only bought the stalk at a charity auction to try it so I suggest understanding the situation before ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by lordy View Post

I understand the point of someone learning but the person in question is a Game shooter and only bought the stalk at a charity auction to try it so I suggest understanding the situation before ranting.
    I wouldnt call it a rant, I totally agree with nick , auction and game shot or not. Keen to take the shot but not to get hands dirty.......?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Pm me mate , i'm in east sussex , hope he enjoyed his stalk & hope his donation helped the CHARITY .........

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I wouldnt call it a rant, I totally agree with nick , auction and game shot or not. Keen to take the shot but not to get hands dirty.......?
    "Rant" was his words.

Some people are just a great advert to the world of stalking. It raises money for a good cause but thats not enough for some. I hope that one day some people dont need the generosity of others for what ever reason.

"Rant" was his words.

Some people are just a great advert to the world of stalking. It raises money for a good cause but thats not enough for some. I hope that one day some people dont need the generosity of others for what ever reason.
    +1 ...

Fair enough but you didn't put that in your original post; if you had then A. I wouldn't have ranted and B. I think you'd have lots of locals who would offer to do it for free as the fundraising for charity on SD is admirable. I applaud your friend for his donation and hope he enjoyed his stalk (so much that he might do it again?) As I said it was only my humble opinion and first time out I appreciate preparing a sika head can be a daunting task.
    As for 'generosity' I did say that if I wasn't 300 miles away I would happily do it for him for free!

ATB
    Nick
    Last edited by NickJ; 11-10-2013 at 09:02.