Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was wrong with the swarovski Z6

What was wrong with the swarovski Z6

Seeking collective wisdom as to why Swarovski had to launch the 2nd generation of Z6 scopes. Are the 2nd gen ones much better??

Just HD glass and a new paint job on the BT rings as far as i ken mate. Nowt wrong with a Mk 1.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

They also slimmed down the ocular housing, which contains the electronics, and made the on/off switch more click positive.

Natural progression.

​Stan

I think it was only the "i" that had revisions, not the non-illum versions

Could well be wrong - seems to happen a lot!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks guys. Just seemed odd that Swarovski felt the need to amend the designs. Doesn't sound like fundamental changes though, some good deals about on Gen 1 scopes

The main issue with the GenI i was the illum on/off switch... It was very easy to knock it on, and then have no battery when needed. That has been amended on the GenII with both a revised switch and a clever way of knowing the angle and cutting off when over a preset threshold (ie if the clearly rifle isn't at an angle to be fired safely), but GenI owners can email Swaro customer service and request a plastic shroud that covers the on/off switch until required. I have one and it works well

Nothing wrong with a GenI, and some folks are still clearing out stock and decent discounts - you'll not need to look much further than Macleod's of Tain
    http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/CUSTOMER%2...OCK%20LIST.pdf
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Personally I thought my mk1 was better than my mk2.. Nicer dot and nicer image.. Don't think I will buy another when the time comes... Will be either be Zeiss or s&b

I Farticus,
    That is a very useful tip - GenI owners can email Swaro customer service and request a plastic shroud that covers the on/off switch until required. I shall certainly be doing so. Thanks. Cheers, K

I'm up for that addition as well. Good info thanks. BC.

Also if you have one with a Ballistic Turret, this now locks on the generation 2. Evidently the generation 1 turret was easily accidently adjusted. Its also black now instead of silver... As stated earlier the illuminated models also have an automatic on / off as the rifle is placed in and out of the shooting position to save battery life.